Search found 216 matches
- Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:35 am
- Forum: Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports
- Topic: A few salmon on sunset
- Replies: 17
- Views: 2131
- Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:42 am
- Forum: Department of Primary Industries / Fisheries
- Topic: GIVING THE GIPPSLAND LAKES BACK TO RECREATIONAL ANGLERS
- Replies: 38
- Views: 1968
According to VFAs most recent catch figures (2016/17) 232 tonnes of fish were pulled from Gippsland Lakes. Of this Tailor where the highest proportion at 56 tonnes followed by Black Bream at 46 tonne (or well over 100,000 fish if we assume an average 400grams per fish) This shows that Black Bream we...
- Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:18 am
- Forum: Williamstown to Werribee
- Topic: Salmon school chaos on Kayak Video from Altona
- Replies: 6
- Views: 875
- Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:53 am
- Forum: Other Species
- Topic: The great 'monster' trout debate!
- Replies: 20
- Views: 1481
My thinking is that the vast majority of these fish will be gone within a month or two anyway. They are big, slow and dumb. They do not know how to hunt for their own food and are suckers for a lure that drifts past their nose. They have got fat by being hand fed in still ponds. The energy it will t...
- Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:09 am
- Forum: Off Topic Forum
- Topic: Interesting artical. Where do you stand?
- Replies: 18
- Views: 790
Bring it on! I envisage a time when every vehicle on the road is autonomous and able to communicate with other vehicles around it and with the road network. Less traffic jams, less car crashes, better traffic flow.... To me driving is just means of getting from point a to point b. Never got the whol...
- Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:35 am
- Forum: General
- Topic: Forum for asking Fishing Questions
- Replies: 122
- Views: 11667
Most baits work for mullet. My personal favourite is white bait, but have caught heaps on maggots, chicken marinated overnight in tuna oil, bread, dough, sandworm or whatever. Never had trouble with chicken falling apart. Can only assume it’s not properly thawed out (?). Keep your baits and hooks ti...