Gentle Annie in a canoe

King George Whiting, KGW, Ting
Mr Canoe

Gentle Annie in a canoe

Post by Mr Canoe » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:11 pm

Good evening,
I was thinking of heading out to Gentle Annie in a canoe with kids.
How strong are the tides around Blind Bight as I would be paddling back against tide?
Cheers in advance.

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Gentle Annie in a canoe

Post by cheaterparts » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:49 pm

Mr Canoe wrote:Good evening,
I was thinking of heading out to Gentle Annie in a canoe with kids.
How strong are the tides around Blind Bight as I would be paddling back against tide?
Cheers in advance.
biggest worry about canoes is if you end up in the drink they aren't the easiest thing to get the water out and re enter in deep water

in saying that my wife and I use to fish from a 16 foot canoe and had launched from Blind Bight to fish the top end of G/Annie or warnett to run out on Quail bank

the tide runs a bit if you aren't use to it when in full swing but it runs slower out of the channel so get up on the banks for any where you have to push up into the tide - that goes for most places on WP

if you are running out of B/Bight make sure you have your tide times right it can be a muddy affair if the water runs out
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Return to “Whiting Fishing”