St Leonard's??

King George Whiting, KGW, Ting
KgWhiting

Re: St Leonard's??

Post by KgWhiting » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:39 pm

Ekaz3556 wrote:Fished St.Leonards sat, sun, and today.
No whiting but good feed of flatties sat, and today and a few squid each day.
I have never been able to find the whiting here so me not getting them is no surprise. As per normal if you want a feed and active session on the flatties head out deep 13 meters and you will get many, most were legal. Out near the white lady I think it is called, the western channel marker. In closer 4 or 5' meters if you want the bigger guys, got a we just under 40 cms.
Here for a couple more days might even try for some gars, never tried before but nothing ventured nothing gained lol
Few gummies around to there worth fishing for. Catch squid then go to 20m or so and use your fresh bait sit back and wait. You will get lots of crap fish but just got to fish through them

Ekaz3556

Post by Ekaz3556 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:50 pm

Thanks KG, I will see how the weather is tomorrow when I head out. I only gave a 4.2 tinnie so I am extra cautious going to far out if the wind picks up. Would love to get a gummy for the fight and the feed lol. You guys living on the bay just font know how lucky you are to have this fishery on your for step.

KgWhiting

Post by KgWhiting » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:50 pm

Any ting around last few days??

denis barden

Post by denis barden » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:55 am

No Greeks fushing for Whiting =No Whiting.
I'm after Gars and squid

KgWhiting

Post by KgWhiting » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:21 pm

Ekaz3556 wrote:Fished St.Leonards sat, sun, and today.
No whiting but good feed of flatties sat, and today and a few squid each day.
I have never been able to find the whiting here so me not getting them is no surprise. As per normal if you want a feed and active session on the flatties head out deep 13 meters and you will get many, most were legal. Out near the white lady I think it is called, the western channel marker. In closer 4 or 5' meters if you want the bigger guys, got a we just under 40 cms.
Here for a couple more days might even try for some gars, never tried before but nothing ventured nothing gained lol
Hows the fishing going?? Did u try for any gumies at all? I fish out of a boat simiar size to yours and in a boat that's only 4.2m long it's a long way out to 20m and it's not nice when it's rough

Ekaz3556

Post by Ekaz3556 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:41 pm

Fishing has been good, I met up with Dennis and he gave me some good tips on how to fish for garfish. He also gave me some excellent bait as well as about 40 fish, so I am going home with about 44 of them. With the wing being northerly 20 m mark was not a practical option this time. Had a couple of excellent hours parked next to Dennis as he shared both good company and great advice. Be warned though his hospitality can cause a slow start the next morning. What a legend

johnnycjay
Has liked: 1 time

Post by johnnycjay » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:46 pm

Dennis drinking beer? What next...

KgWhiting

Post by KgWhiting » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:49 pm

Ekaz3556 wrote:Fishing has been good, I met up with Dennis and he gave me some good tips on how to fish for garfish. He also gave me some excellent bait as well as about 40 fish, so I am going home with about 44 of them. With the wing being northerly 20 m mark was not a practical option this time. Had a couple of excellent hours parked next to Dennis as he shared both good company and great advice. Be warned though his hospitality can cause a slow start the next morning. What a legend
Sounds like u had a good trip. I'm going to chase the gars when I can get out next there really nice to eat. How big were the ones u got??

Ekaz3556

Post by Ekaz3556 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:51 pm

Biggest around 35 cm, most around 30, smallest about 25.

KgWhiting

Post by KgWhiting » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:10 pm

Ekaz3556 wrote:Biggest around 35 cm, most around 30, smallest about 25.
There beautiful to eat at that size. Going to try get out on them soon. Just out of interest what berley were u using?? Got pollard that's normally pretty good once mixed with tuna oil

Return to “Whiting Fishing”