King George Whiting reports

King George Whiting, KGW, Ting
Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Re: 2012 King George Whiting reports

Post by Raulfc7 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:27 pm

We'll done on your catch that's a nice plate of fish you caught there :dinner:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

sloth
Has liked: 6 times

Re: King George Whiting reports

Post by sloth » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm

Bartnmax wrote:WD 40 is a fish oil based lube, so it stands to reason it would work (at times).
Wd-40 is petroleum based. It shouldn't be intentionally introduced into the water system - it's a pollutant. From the wd40.com site:

Myth: WD-40 contains fish oil.
Fact:
Consumers have told us over the years that they have caught some of the biggest fish ever after protecting their fish hooks and lures with WD-40. We believe this legend came from folks assuming that the product must contain fish oil since it appears to attract fish. Sorry Charlie[REGISTERED SIGN], it just ain’t so.

WD-40 Company has taken steps to respect and conserve the environment, and encourages its users to do the same. While WD-40 can be used to help protect fishing equipment from rust and corrosion, WD-40 Company does not recommend using WD-40 to attract fish.

berazafi

Post by berazafi » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:29 pm

Inox of the correct type is food grade, not sure if it had fish oil either in it

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:39 pm

Jaylfisho wrote:Fished off werribee Thursday moring, nice day on the water, ended up with 20kgw to 39cm, 2 small gummys and 2 flathead
Great catch..i can fing the gummys ,.but?buggerd if i can find the whiting...will have a crack again around werribee after reading ur report
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Tomcat1

Post by Tomcat1 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:36 pm

as far as what was being sprayed on the baits im guessing it might have been a bottle of aniseed oil. i use it from time to time on my baits when the fish are a bit slow on the bite. you can also get it from amanda's site in the scentinels that they sell. they are a great product. i use their scentinels from time to time when the fish arent on the chew also. they seem to work pretty good as i have caught fish while im using them and people right next to me arent catching so mush be good stuff.

kenenjee

Post by kenenjee » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:51 pm

The KGW definitely are back. Was at Frankston pier last friday - yes it's open for business for a while now, for some of us who haven't been kept aware.
Anyways fished last Friday at dusk. Caught them using the same garfish rigs (with a float and 2 longshanks size 12 weighted down with a small sinker in between). However they were between 19cm and 23cm sized, so back they went to fight another day.

anth2013

Post by anth2013 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:20 am

bowl wrote:
Jaylfisho wrote:Fished off werribee Thursday moring, nice day on the water, ended up with 20kgw to 39cm, 2 small gummys and 2 flathead
Great catch..i can fing the gummys ,.but?buggerd if i can find the whiting...will have a crack again around werribee after reading ur report
What ure saying reading after jaylfisho report will have a crack again around werribee....check his post date this way back on jan 2013 almost a year lol :rofl:

bowl

Post by bowl » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:18 am

oops lol maybe wait to jan 11 2014

bowl

Post by bowl » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:18 am

oops lol maybe wait to jan 11 2014

shazdoggg

Post by shazdoggg » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:42 pm

My mate was taking his boat for a squirt, mid week last week and asked me if I wanted to chase some squid and tings. I could'nt knock back an offer like that!! We started at tyabb bank and both caught a few nice squid each before we headed to his secret whiting spot. All up we kept a dozen whiting between 38-46cm plus a mid 30's flattie and a handfull of squid from tyabb. I also got 2 grass whiting, a few small flathead, a big horseshoe LJ, a crab and a baby 30cm kgw which was released(never release that LB haha).

I was running mega late for dinner that night so no esky killshots, just a cpl of pics of some fish during the day.
wpkgw.jpg
wpkgw2.jpg
When I got time,
I wet a line cos Im a junkie,
been fishin since a kid,
I like it cos it numbs me..

Return to “Whiting Fishing”