King George Whiting reports

King George Whiting, KGW, Ting
Jeffs_gone_fishing

Re: 2012 King George Whiting reports

Post by Jeffs_gone_fishing » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:14 pm

cheaterparts wrote:
Jeffs_gone_fishing wrote:Nice report Cheater. Do you target KGW in PPB?
not a lot I find Westernport a lot safer to fish in a kayak than PPB - most of the guys in boats tend to lookout the front when they are moving .
and if it does blow up there is always land somewhere near you to head for

Yeah, always safety first.

Harry5

Post by Harry5 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:04 am

Got a few nice kws from Blairgowrie on pilchards witch i though was a bit strange and missed a few as well due to trying to shelter from the rain haha

re-tyred
Has liked: 372 times

Post by re-tyred » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:20 am

I was fishing out on the lake yesterday. Another boat was close and I noticed he was spraying his bait with something in a small white pressure pack. Anyone got an idea what it would be. He caught 2 whiting I caught a salmon. so he must be doing something I don't know about.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:57 am

re-tyred wrote:I was fishing out on the lake yesterday. Another boat was close and I noticed he was spraying his bait with something in a small white pressure pack. Anyone got an idea what it would be. He caught 2 whiting I caught a salmon. so he must be doing something I don't know about.
Could have been some scent. Some people add it to bait while fishing.

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:05 pm

re-tyred wrote:I was fishing out on the lake yesterday. Another boat was close and I noticed he was spraying his bait with something in a small white pressure pack. Anyone got an idea what it would be. He caught 2 whiting I caught a salmon. so he must be doing something I don't know about.
Could be a number of things, s-factor the probable..a more unlikely one, and don`t laugh too hard, is WD-40. English Channel wreck fish`s have been doing that for years..not a bloody clue how or why it works, but apparently is a common trick..

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:10 pm

CarlG wrote: don`t laugh too hard, is WD-40. English Channel wreck fish`s have been doing that for years..not a bloody clue how or why it works, but apparently is a common trick..
its a bit OT for whiting but a mate that lives up on the murray uses wd-40 on bardy grubs for Cod and swears by it
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Bartnmax

Post by Bartnmax » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:59 am

WD 40 is a fish oil based lube, so it stands to reason it would work (at times).
Other thing to try is the 'egi-magic' sprays some guys use on their squid jigs.
I've tried it when squid fishin & had whiting hit the squid jig (couldn't catch on tho).
Haven't yet had the opportunity to try it on the whiting baits tho but I reckon it could be a definate 'go-er'.

Jaylfisho

Post by Jaylfisho » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:53 pm

Fished off werribee Thursday moring, nice day on the water, ended up with 20kgw to 39cm, 2 small gummys and 2 flathead

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:19 pm

Great work Buddy that's a very nice feed :thumbsup:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Post by crumpet_avenger » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:25 pm

Fished off McHaffies reef in westernport last Friday night 13 of December..

managed to get 3 thumpers. the best went at 47 the other 2 were 42 and 41. that was all first light then bugger all for 30 mins. ended up with 7 whiting, 1 flatty, the biggest was a rock flatty that went at 65 cm and were the best flatty fillets ive ever had. also managed 1 nice calamari. all in all was a pretty quiet day but still had a good feed. tried tankerton and tyabb bank as well with bugger all luck. calamari and big flatty were hooked at night about 9pm. heaps of gars around but as it was choppy the boat wouldn't sit still and float ended up under boat so gave up... don't break up from work til 24th so probably wont be out and about again til boxing day if weather is good

Return to “Whiting Fishing”