PPB whiting

King George Whiting, KGW, Ting
bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: PPB whiting

Post by bowl » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:35 pm

sturgeon wrote:
bowl wrote:Black magic KL 1 hook....buy a whiting snatcher / flasher pack and then copy the rigs, burly ,tuna oil with small pieces of pilchard n pellets...muscle,pipi, squid ect
6-8lb fluro,beads ect
Thanks for sharing. Got the jig. Pretty expensive for a little things like that. Tried today with small pieces of squid on the black magic hook while drifting with burley pot. but no whiting. Maybe im at the wrong place. And I did Not hv Tuna oil. Will try and get some oil and try soon.
Cut the the squid into long skinny pieces ( inch or so long) , put one end of squid on n the hook then put \ pipi or muscles on the hook as well ....

sturgeon
Has liked: 14 times

Post by sturgeon » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:38 pm

bowl wrote:
sturgeon wrote:
bowl wrote:Black magic KL 1 hook....buy a whiting snatcher / flasher pack and then copy the rigs, burly ,tuna oil with small pieces of pilchard n pellets...muscle,pipi, squid ect
6-8lb fluro,beads ect
Thanks for sharing. Got the jig. Pretty expensive for a little things like that. Tried today with small pieces of squid on the black magic hook while drifting with burley pot. but no whiting. Maybe im at the wrong place. And I did Not hv Tuna oil. Will try and get some oil and try soon.
Cut the the squid into long skinny pieces ( inch or so long) , put one end of squid on n the hook then put \ pipi or muscles on the hook as well ....

Ahhh. Ok. Thanks again.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:50 pm

KeenAds
Has liked: 23 times

Post by KeenAds » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:55 pm

Yeah a small move till you find them. Sometimes just a change in bottom structure is all thats needed to locate the ting.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:06 pm

bowl wrote:
sturgeon wrote:
6-8lb fluro,beads ect
I normally just use.pippies

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:11 pm

bowl wrote:
sturgeon wrote:
6-8lb fluro,beads ect
A mixed cocktail like that has worked very well for me in the past with he kgws. When lb Fishing the bait stays on better as well while casting I find.

sturgeon
Has liked: 14 times

Post by sturgeon » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:10 am

Hi. Where do I buy the coloured flys that are on the black magic snatcher? I have seen the beads but not the flys. Does spotlight sell them? My local tackle does not have those things. Thanks.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:49 am

As in the flasher material? I got a bunch from ebay, much much cheaper than the ones the local tackle shop tried to sell me
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:30 am

I got a bunch of them cheap a little while ago from southern sports fisher tackle shop in black rock :thumbsup:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:23 am

sturgeon wrote:Hi. Where do I buy the coloured flys that are on the black magic snatcher? I have seen the beads but not the flys. Does spotlight sell them? My local tackle does not have those things. Thanks.
Maybe bcf

Return to “Whiting Fishing”