good place to target whiting landbased

King George Whiting, KGW, Ting
dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Re: good place to target whiting landbased

Post by dazz999 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:20 pm

Brett wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Scraglor wrote:I reckon whiting are one fish thats def easier to target from a boat. If you are ever down Portland way, I have found casting into the bay side from the breakwall to be pretty reliable.

Im excited because the last couple of years march/april have been my best months on the ting off Hastings.
looks like i have found my whiting saviour lolllll..
yeah i was landbased then mate, i still remeber that day 16 hours flat fished overnight and into the morning.
There not hard to catch, I could probably take you to a spot 5mins from my house and catch a few, if you really wanted to. Morning or evening, into dark is the best time.
Considering I was using 12ft surf rods and 30lb line, they really aren't that fussy :o_0:
are you using breakaway impact shields or imps if so what lenght leader from main line to hook Cheer,s Dazz

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:48 pm

dazz999 wrote:
Brett wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Scraglor wrote:I reckon whiting are one fish thats def easier to target from a boat. If you are ever down Portland way, I have found casting into the bay side from the breakwall to be pretty reliable.

Im excited because the last couple of years march/april have been my best months on the ting off Hastings.
yeah i was landbased then mate, i still remeber that day 16 hours flat fished overnight and into the morning.
There not hard to catch, I could probably take you to a spot 5mins from my house and catch a few, if you really wanted to. Morning or evening, into dark is the best time.
Considering I was using 12ft surf rods and 30lb line, they really aren't that fussy :o_0:
are you using breakaway impact shields or imps if so what lenght leader from main line to hook Cheer,s Dazz

I was just using a double paternoster in 20lb

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:55 am

Brett wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:48 pm
dazz999 wrote:
Brett wrote:
purple5ive wrote:

I was just using a double paternoster in 20lb
Hehe, I use the same rig out of the boat :P

Return to “Whiting Fishing”