Pirtek 2015 Plans

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Pirtek 2015 Plans

Post by mazman » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:08 pm

Hey guys with the comp just round the corner I was wondering where people are heading for competition and what they're going to try and catch.
I am hoping to pick up some bream and flatties but plans aren't yet confirmed.

Cheers Alex
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

sloth
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Pirtek 2015 Plans

Post by sloth » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:21 pm

Only going to have a couple of hours at best on the day so I'll see if I can get onto a few bream. Probably hit up the docks during the day

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:52 pm

mazman wrote:Hey guys with the comp just round the corner I was wondering where people are heading for competition and what they're going to try and catch
Away with the Fishing Vic crew on the Murray Cod trip - So I will be hunting Mud Marlin for Pirtek again this year
More than likely in the same little stretch of water as last year depending of cause where we end up camping
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:09 pm

I'll be on the Cod Trip also but I'm thinking I'll fish the Broken Creek and Goulburn River on the way home :reel: :banana: cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

TrevKing

Post by TrevKing » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:11 pm

Chasing yellas throughout the Loddon River and probably Lake Eppalock as well.
2015 Goals -
-First Squid
-Trout on SP
-First Murray Cod
-Rainbow over 40cm
-Redfin over 40cm

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:15 pm

Depends on the weather! A likely spot (channel) I would like to try has no shade so if it is hot, I don't think I can handle it. This location will give me a chance of a yella, carp or redfin. Would have a bait rod in and cast some lures. Unfortunately the likely outcome will be a cod, almost guaranteed and that is not what I want on the day.

Have the option of heading north to either the Broken Creek or Nine Mile Creek and chasing carp. But if the weather is warm, the resident yabbies will be active and they can be a pain. I am going to visit my mate this week so will catch some yabbies for bait and see what the fishing is like.

What I do know is wherever I go, it will be a place where I can just drive up to the waters edge and park the car! Then use my highly dangerous portable cookers to make coffee and egg and bacon rolls! :dinner:
cheers
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:22 am

thinking bass strait somewhere

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:51 am

It will be Brown Trout for me down here in Tassie... Mersey or Meander Rivers more than likely.
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

yogibearrrr

Post by yogibearrrr » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:21 pm

still unsure, been trying a few places over the last few weeks as test but no idea where to go yet as we'll be landbased

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:50 pm

Whilst the 'cod crew' are preparing for their trip, I am getting organised for my carp trip tomorrow! Heading to the Nine Mile Creek to sus it out for a potential Pirtek winning carp! If I can get bait past the yabbies this may be my choice for Sunday. Forecast temp of 28, I can't be bothered sitting in the sun on a channel bank. NE to ENE light winds forecast and a high pressure system moving away are not my favourite conditions.

Shrimp will be used for bait as well home grown corn! Cooked tonight (I decided to eat most of the corn myself :dinner: ) and placed the rest in a bag with strawberry essence and red food dye = red corn! For Sunday I am taking it one step further...black food dye as well as red...go the bombers! Anyway, this is my preparation so far!
cheers
Team Bender
Sometimes I come across as being corny!
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Return to “Fishing Competitions”