Tea Tree 2017

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Re: Tea Tree 2017

Post by yepi'mon » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:03 am

I've considered joining a club up the road, mainly for the reason of participating in some competitions for a bit of fun.

I don't see a lot of fishing comp's being run online... but then again I am really only a member on here and some of the Facebook groups.

Has FISHVIC ever tried running some non-serious comps?

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:16 am

yepi'mon wrote:I've considered joining a club up the road, mainly for the reason of participating in some competitions for a bit of fun.

I don't see a lot of fishing comp's being run online... but then again I am really only a member on here and some of the Facebook groups.

Plenty of comps online mate.
as for fv theres been a few here and there, the species comp is probably the most busiest one, how serious you take it is entierly up to you.

MsShimano

Post by MsShimano » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:16 am

yepi'mon wrote:I've considered joining a club up the road, mainly for the reason of participating in some competitions for a bit of fun.

There are alot of comps online. Ones across Australia where you need to send in pics of your fish. On a brag mat, with the date on a card and your special ID number. I have entered one before and won a $250 daiwa voucher. Its alot of fun.
Of course I talk to my self while fishing.. sometimes I need expert advice! :fishing:

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:21 am

MsShimano wrote: I have entered one before and won a $250 daiwa voucher. Its alot of fun.
surely you cant use that, might as well give it to me to use... ;-) ;-)

MsShimano

Post by MsShimano » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:07 pm

purple5ive wrote:
MsShimano wrote: I have entered one before and won a $250 daiwa voucher. Its alot of fun.
surely you cant use that, might as well give it to me to use... ;-) ;-)
Nice try. Lol it's long gone!
Of course I talk to my self while fishing.. sometimes I need expert advice! :fishing:

yepi'mon

Post by yepi'mon » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:42 pm

purple5ive wrote:

Plenty of comps online mate.
as for fv theres been a few here and there, the species comp is probably the most busiest one, how serious you take it is entierly up to you.
Yeah I've seen some that have been run - I guess more what I am getting at it heading out fishing with a group of mates for a fun, non serious comp where we can talk a bit of **** as opposed to joining a 100 + boats in a serious comp (which is a different kind of fun)

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:27 pm

Im sure we can organise something like that.like a fun day out bring your own boat and have someone as a decky from the forums join you etc.

most likely salmon, squid and pinkies only available this time of the year in good numbers.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:23 pm

Screenshot_2017-06-08-19-21-41.png
Screenshot_2017-06-08-19-21-51.png

yepi'mon

Post by yepi'mon » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:20 pm

purple5ive wrote:Im sure we can organise something like that.like a fun day out bring your own boat and have someone as a decky from the forums join you etc.

most likely salmon, squid and pinkies only available this time of the year in good numbers.

I'd be keen - even with a buy in fee so there is something on offer at the end of the day!

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:19 am

with Tea Tree off the menu I'll probably fish the big sandy desert instead of the muddy pond and do the Hobsons Bay Snapper Comp - I remember doing it back in 2011 when it was on a different W/E to TT

being now run the same W/E ( cup day W/E ) that might get me my fix chasing red fish on cup day W/E
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Return to “Fishing Competitions”