Biggest flathead comp *ends Jan 31*

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6377
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Biggest flathead comp *ends Jan 31*

Postby smile0784 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:36 pm

4liters wrote:Image
got to at least 80mm


Lol



Remove these ads.

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6377
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Biggest flathead comp *ends Jan 31*

Postby smile0784 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:39 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:Wish i caught this now, thought i'd share anyway. YANK (Blue-Spotted) Flathead, 80cm 4.5kg. Caught On the bank at Mahers Landing, Andersons Inlet. 25/1/2017
imgonline-com-ua-compressed-t7J869IjPSBP.jpg
3BD940C5-1107-48DD-89DE-1D835C7858D6.jpeg


Now hanging on my wall at home. If i had my time again i would have let it go, was a spur of the moment and i wasn't as educated with fishing i guess you could say. :water:


Bloody hell.
Thats a beast

User avatar
STriplett1997
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:00 pm
Location: South East Suburbs

Re: Biggest flathead comp *ends Jan 31*

Postby STriplett1997 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:57 pm

smile0784 wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:Wish i caught this now, thought i'd share anyway. YANK (Blue-Spotted) Flathead, 80cm 4.5kg. Caught On the bank at Mahers Landing, Andersons Inlet. 25/1/2017
imgonline-com-ua-compressed-t7J869IjPSBP.jpg
3BD940C5-1107-48DD-89DE-1D835C7858D6.jpeg


Now hanging on my wall at home. If i had my time again i would have let it go, was a spur of the moment and i wasn't as educated with fishing i guess you could say. :water:


Bloody hell.
Thats a beast


Sure is! When i landed it, i rang my old man right away and i couldn't get the words out of my mouth to describe what it was, was shaking from head to toe.. probably the greatest moment i've had with fishing apart from my first snapper a couple months ago. :cheers:

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6377
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Biggest flathead comp *ends Jan 31*

Postby smile0784 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:13 pm

A great fishing moment to remember

User avatar
Kimtown
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 674
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:29 pm

Re: Biggest flathead comp *ends Jan 31*

Postby Kimtown » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:32 am

STriplett1997 wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:Wish i caught this now, thought i'd share anyway. YANK (Blue-Spotted) Flathead, 80cm 4.5kg. Caught On the bank at Mahers Landing, Andersons Inlet. 25/1/2017
imgonline-com-ua-compressed-t7J869IjPSBP.jpg
3BD940C5-1107-48DD-89DE-1D835C7858D6.jpeg


Now hanging on my wall at home. If i had my time again i would have let it go, was a spur of the moment and i wasn't as educated with fishing i guess you could say. :water:


Bloody hell.
Thats a beast


Sure is! When i landed it, i rang my old man right away and i couldn't get the words out of my mouth to describe what it was, was shaking from head to toe.. probably the greatest moment i've had with fishing apart from my first snapper a couple months ago. :cheers:


Well done mate, blue spot numbers are apparently pretty low but it doesn't hurt to keep your first trophy fish especially if it's a tasty flathead. I would have kept it too

gregmaka
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:15 pm

Re: Biggest flathead comp *ends Jan 31*

Postby gregmaka » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:26 pm

Probably a bit late now,as my father would have eaten my Flathead by now before photographing it . Doesn't matter because i know where the big ones are now,hope to try for them Friday. Anyway does any one know roughly how big a 850 grams flathead would weigh.Some guys i met on a pier once would guess the length of my catch,whether it were snapper,whiting, or whatever common fish,and they were very close to exact. A scale of this sort would be interesting to put up on this site,just as a guide.Also take into account that a trout caught in Eildon may differ from a trout caught in a trout farm or any other location. If now one has any luck finding the scale,measurement to weight,i will ask there guys that knew it all .



Remove these ads.

bilby
Rank: King George Whiting
Rank: King George Whiting
Posts: 588
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:45 am

Re: Biggest flathead comp *ends Jan 31*

Postby bilby » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:06 pm

At a guess ... 850 grams?

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6377
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Biggest flathead comp *ends Jan 31*

Postby smile0784 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:13 pm

bilby wrote:At a guess ... 850 grams?

Lol
About 60cm

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6377
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Biggest flathead comp *ends Jan 31*

Postby smile0784 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:22 am

And the winner is?

What was the prize pool at the end?

bowl
Rank: Kingfish
Rank: Kingfish
Posts: 5491
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:30 pm
Location: Wyndham Vale

Re: Biggest flathead comp *ends Jan 31*

Postby bowl » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:36 am

smile0784 wrote:And the winner is?

What was the prize pool at the end?

Really....



Remove these ads.


Return to “Fishing Competitions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests