Official Fishing Victoria Species Comp 2014 Thread.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Official Fishing Victoria Species Comp 2014 Thread.

Post by ducky » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:37 pm

Ok guys, here’s the rules for the competition.

Entry Fee: $10 paid to the fishing Victoria paypal account. The email address is admin@fishing-victoria.com Please select ‘payment to friends/family’ otherwise fees are incurred that Jon has to pay out of the pool. I just paid my entry fee and it cost me $10.54 incl fees. Add your member name to the transaction in the message section. Then contact Jon (fishingvic) to let him know you have paid. He will confirm payment received and you will be entered into the comp.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/s ... eive-money" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Entries Close: February 18th at midnight.
Comp Starts 08/01/14 8:00am and ends 08/06/14 4:00pm

The Competition is a winner takes all scenario where the leading length at the close of the competition wins the entire pot.

12 species. Split evenly between salt and fresh, I've designed it this way so that people are inspired to target a new species. At the same time those who are limited to one discipline can still make a decent showing. I've personally caught 5/6 salt and 2/6 fresh species. I'm hoping it will inspire me to try new things too.

Fresh species, Murray Cod, Yellow Belly, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout, Redfin and Carp
Salt species, Australian Salmon, Black Bream, Squid (hood length only) Snapper, Flathead (all species) and Mulloway.

Only fish of legal size are to be entered. Photos to be taken with the fish on a brag mat, tape measure, dpi guide rule. The fish are to be clearly photographed with the code word marked on it somewhere clearly.

Upgrading through-out the comp is allowed, eg you enter a 40cm Salmon, and later catch a 50cm Salmon. You cannot add up your catches of the same species though, Only 1 fish from each of the 12 species counts towards your total cm’s

Comp to stop 4:00pm Sunday 8th of June. This will give everyone plenty of time to have a crack for multiple species. It coincides with trout season close.

I can’t stress this enough, this competition is meant to be fun for all participants, so be honest, be fair, get a bit of smack talk happening if you’re a species leader, etc etc.
You can enter catches by all methods of fishing with a rod and reel, be it boat, land based or kayak based. The entered fish doesn't have to be released but take a bit of care if you are to help its survival. The fish caught has to be within Victoria. Overall length of fish in Cm wins at June 8 at 4:00pm. If you're competing you need to have your "Fishing Victoria Species Comp 'x'cms" shown in your signature.

Whole Cm’s only. If it isn't clearly shown it can't be claimed. Eg a 49.8cm Fish will be entered as a 49cm. I'd like a bit of honesty here. No point trying to sneak a cm or two. Like a wise man once said, only schoolboys lie about their length. All decisions made by me regarding the measurements are final. I’m not out to cheat anyone out of a prize but to be fair to all competitors we have to be pretty hardline on all sketchy entries. Quite simply take a decent photo and there’s no chance of issues arising.
Just to be clear

The comp is won by the total overall length of all species added up.

So if someone catches a 80cm mulloway and nothing else it can be beaten by a guy who caught a 60cm carp and a 21cm Redfin.

I went to Bunnings and bought a few little measuring instruments, my favourite is this little fat max 2m ruler for $4.50. Something like this slips into your pocket easily and clearly shows the length of your catch.
http://www.bunnings.com.au/stanley-fatm ... e_p5660441" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Please mark the code word on the opening few cm’s of the tape measure with permanent marker if you plan on using a tape measure, you can also write the code word on a scrap of paper or anything else really. Just make sure it’s in the photo.

The code word is FVSC14
Last edited by ducky on Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ducky

Re: Official Fishing Victoria Species Comp 2014 Thread.

Post by ducky » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:37 pm

Members entered and paid up.

Ducky
Timi200
shazzagraz
shaynebennett
Cheaterparts
BigJ
fishingvic
bowl
gjhfisho
TrevKing
Snapper Snatcher
Scraglor
DougieK
Milk man
spikestar
Aussie_moose
JamesW
snapperslayer
GTSHoon
Ian_underthesea
rogs
Pelican
Fishn104
abzz
Dick83
barra mick
shazdoggg
timohh
scott__henning
Blue vlt
Purple5ive
fitzy90
AVG_Fisho

Competition leader - fitzy90 - 392cm's

Longest Fish and Angler

Murray Cod - 76cm - shaynebennet
Yellow Belly - 55cm - barra mick
Brown Trout - 55cm - barra mick
Rainbow Trout - 38cm - dougie k
Redfin - 37cm - snapper snatcher
Carp - 71cm - snapper snatcher
Mulloway - 101cm - snapper snatcher
Snapper - 81cm - fitzy90
Flathead - 55cm - ian_underthesea
Aus Salmon - 59cm - dougie k
Black Bream - 40cm - purple5ive
Squid (hood length) - 41cm - SpikeStar
Last edited by ducky on Sun May 11, 2014 1:23 pm, edited 30 times in total.

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:46 pm

I'm going to Bemm River soon so might have a crack at the biggest Black Bream :thumbsup:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:48 pm

Members entered and paid up.

Ducky
Cheaterparts -- money sent
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

ducky

Post by ducky » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:52 pm

cheaterparts wrote:Members entered and paid up.

Ducky
Cheaterparts -- money sent
cheers cheater. I trust 100% you've paid it but I'll get Jon to confirm all payments before they get added just to keep it the same for all. In the meantime don't let it deter anyone from posting entries.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:44 pm

ducky..i don't have paypal

is there a account I can just transfer it across to ?

bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

shazzagraz

Post by shazzagraz » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:09 pm

All paid up. Will PM Jon now and have my entry confirmed officially.

ducky

Post by ducky » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:14 pm

barra mick wrote:ducky..i don't have paypal

is there a account I can just transfer it across to ?

bm
If you don't have PayPal you can still use it off a credit card.

Dick83

Post by Dick83 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:20 pm

All you Boys and Girls on the Murry will be screwed can't catch indecent fish on the Victorian side of the river!
2014/15 Species Comp. 0cm

ducky

Post by ducky » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:24 pm

Haha. For the sake of the argument we'll allow Murray river caught cod. Didn't think about that one.

Code word is up FVSC14. Because a few people who are entering are heading fishing tomorrow to remote spots

Return to “Fishing Competitions”