Future species comp brainstorming

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Re: Future species comp brainstorming

Post by barra mick » Tue May 27, 2014 11:32 am

What abt just leaving the comp as you have it ducky..??? Its worked out very well and been fun and enjoyable watching the good fish pics being put up.

Winning should only be a very small part and if some of the good fisherman turned it into a serious competion then the current top scores would be way off the pace

I would also like to mention that you have done a magnificent job organizing it and ive well and truly got my ten bucks worth.!
Thanks for the effort you put it

Cheers bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Tue May 27, 2014 11:43 am

barra mick wrote:What abt just leaving the comp as you have it ducky..??? Its worked out very well and been fun and enjoyable watching the good fish pics being put up.

Winning should only be a very small part and if some of the good fisherman turned it into a serious competion then the current top scores would be way off the pace

I would also like to mention that you have done a magnificent job organizing it and ive well and truly got my ten bucks worth.!

Cheers bm
Cheers mate.

Out of interest if the rules were to stay the same and the only changed being the extra species added and run time extended would you be for or against it? Or are you happy with the existing total of species and run time?

fitzy90

Post by fitzy90 » Tue May 27, 2014 12:02 pm

Now that people have had a look at how the comp runs i think you will get a lot more interest from members without making a lot of changes
Im happy with the current set up of the comp, but if you want to add more species i think it may need to go for 12 months to give people a chance to catch them all.
As BM said, great job on running the comp and what ever format you choose ill be having a crack at the next comp!

abzz

Post by abzz » Tue May 27, 2014 3:11 pm

fitzy90 wrote:Now that people have had a look at how the comp runs i think you will get a lot more interest from members without making a lot of changes
Im happy with the current set up of the comp, but if you want to add more species i think it may need to go for 12 months to give people a chance to catch them all.
As BM said, great job on running the comp and what ever format you choose ill be having a crack at the next comp!
You should be banned from all comps hahaha

fitzy90

Post by fitzy90 » Tue May 27, 2014 3:38 pm

abzz wrote:
fitzy90 wrote:Now that people have had a look at how the comp runs i think you will get a lot more interest from members without making a lot of changes
You should be banned from all comps hahaha
Haha, i think there will be some cracking competition for the next one now people have got a handle on it, i would think 600cms + will be the bench mark!

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Tue May 27, 2014 3:51 pm

ducky wrote:
barra mick wrote:What abt just leaving the comp as you have it ducky..??? Its worked out very well and been fun and enjoyable watching the good fish pics being put up.

Cheers bm
Cheers mate.

Out of interest if the rules were to stay the same and the only changed being the extra species added and run time extended would you be for or against it? Or are you happy with the existing total of species and run time?
I actually really like this idea. Add KGW and silver perch or something and off you go?

Honestly I thought the format was incredibly well thought out effective at making me try new tactics. I discovered fishing with bait isn't always boring as hell and that mulloway and native fresh water species are actually really hard to catch if you're time and money limited. I love that it took me out of my comfort zone and forced me to adapt new techniques, it has given me a much better understanding of fishing and made me a WAY better over all angler.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Wed May 28, 2014 5:44 pm

ducky wrote:

Cheers bm
Cheers mate.

ducky ..whatever way you decide I will enter.

cheers bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Tyler

Post by Tyler » Wed May 28, 2014 6:28 pm

Only issue I see there is silver perch being a protected species.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Wed May 28, 2014 6:39 pm

Tyler wrote:Only issue I see there is silver perch being a protected species.
the following should answer this
ducky wrote:
Rod Bender wrote:
ducky wrote:
Snapper Snatcher wrote:The only problem I see is that those freshwater species aren't that common especially bass and silvers. I think that river blackfish would be a good one to add as well as kgw and silver trevs in the salt as you said.
Hence they didn't go in the original comp. The river blackfish is a good idea. Common enough.

Actually maybe skip silver perch and add freshwater eel? They are pretty long suckers. Would help even out the salt v fresh averages.
Am a bit reluctant to comment as I didn't enter the first comp but silvers are a protected species in a lot of water (hence why the bait stealing f#$ers are so prolific in some areas) so I don't think it would be a good idea to include them. Eels (length wise it does make sense to include them) and blackfish, do they appear north of the divide in any great numbers? Just my thoughts...it will be difficult to please everyone.
cheers
Jim
Totally didn't realize the protected status of silvers lol, shows how much fresh water fishing I do. They are definitely out then.

Not certain on the blackfish locations. I thought they inhabited any clean and deep creek.

Tyler

Post by Tyler » Wed May 28, 2014 7:44 pm

All good, just saw them keep popping up.

Return to “Fishing Competitions”