What happens to gear seized by the dpi?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
widgeon58

Re: What happens to gear seized by the dpi?

Post by widgeon58 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:07 pm

Dougie

I have Emailed Pickles for more info on where to find it, but suspect it will be in general goods under marine, but will post more when I know more.

Think I did the same as you not long after the guy from the DEPI told me it was Pickles, but after not finding anything except boats I sent Pickles an Email to get further clarity on where to look and how often the DEPI sell stuff.

widgeon58

Re: What happens to gear seized by the dpi?

Post by widgeon58 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:22 pm

More Info from Pickles Auction Groups.

The best way is to check the General Goods Section every Wednesday night via the Pickles website as they have have weekly auctions starting Thursday (its an on line Auction)and the catalogue is posted on line, late Wednesday afternoon /early evening, bids up to a $1000 are booked against a credit card, so those who are interested will need to open an account.

Those wanting to know more will need to speak to Ralph Cody at Pickles/Tullamarine on 9933 0604.

Don't know if they handle the same thing for interstate equivalents of the DEPI, but they do have similar general goods auctions interstate.

Hope all this has been is of help to other for forum members wanting to know what happens to fishing gear seized and then forfeited to the DEPI(state government)

Return to “General”