Tales of woe welcome

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
ango

Re: Tales of woe welcome

Post by ango » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:55 pm

One sticks in my mind I was trolling off Long Point Merimbula with two rods in the water, anyway something big hits one rod so I set the hook, put the rod back in the holder and turn the boat away from land as the wind is pretty strong and blowing me towards shore. I bring the other rod in, finally its in and the fish is still on so I am thinking now I have done everything right and can concentrate on getting the fish in. I begin to pump & wind, it feels huge, probably a big Kingfish, anyway I think I put too much pressure on and fired it up, it did the nasty reef dive like they do and I was left with a chafed leader & no fish, still spewing.

Cheers from
Ango.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:21 pm

This is why they invented red wine

bilby

Post by bilby » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:12 pm

Yep, red wine might just do the job. I've lost 2 x metre+ metro mulloway in the last week, even after upscaling to a new reel with plenty of 25lb line. How do I know they were metre plus? I landed an 81 cm fish without too much difficulty in comparison. I do indeed feel your pain, death ray.

Return to “General”