Pt welshpool fishing comp this weekend

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Pt welshpool fishing comp this weekend

Post by re-tyred » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:50 pm

If any of you are going to the Pt welshool fishing comp. I will be there friday afternoon and saturday morning, in my role as Boating Safety officer. (Maritime safety).Say g'day if you see me. I will be talking to vessel owners regarding general safety matters and handing out a bit of stuff.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

scott__henning
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Pt welshpool fishing comp this weekend

Post by scott__henning » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:59 pm

:thumbsup: Might see ya down there then

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:36 pm

Sounds like work and no fishing for you again
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

re-tyred

Post by re-tyred » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:20 am

I am going offshore out of lakes today. Mick, see what we can find.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:35 am

re-tyred wrote:I am going offshore out of lakes today. Mick, see what we can find.
Good luck :) let us know what you get :-D

re-tyred

Post by re-tyred » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:42 pm

Lightningx wrote:
re-tyred wrote:I am going offshore out of lakes today. Mick, see what we can find.
Good luck :) let us know what you get :-D
It was a tough day, we fished about 6 different areas. From up the east in 46mtr lookking for gummies and flatties, donuts.
3 different spots around the 6 mile, donuts.
Down the pipeline a million rock cod, hungry seal came along and ate about 30.
Went into the beach at the tower, finaly caught some keepable fish, flatties.
I jagged a few live baits on one of the rocks and baited up a live rig. Let him go for a swim with enough weight to take him to the bottom. Could feel him give an occasional flutter, then after 10 minutes he got real active, banging around like I had a small flatty on there. I was just about to pull it up to see what was going on when, bang rod near rips out of my hand and off goes the line screaming out. Had 60lb braid with 30lb leader. Just managed to slow it down and then the line went slack. Bitten off. I ain't going swimming there. Moved up the beach towards Lakes and had another go near some rocks. Pinged a few more flatties no gummies. Next thing one of the other guys rods goes nuts line screaming out. Got everyone else to get there lines in and was about to chase it with the boat when he managed to turn it, came back past the boat like a steam train, after quite some time he subdued it and got it up to the side of the boat. Thrasher shark about 8ft including the tail so biggish. He was lucky as the line had rapped around it's tail limiting how much pressure it could put on. We were going to land it to take a picture, but when we tried to get hold of it it kicked the line of it's tail gave one head shake and busted the line. Caught a few more flatties and a pike and then a couple of large jackets. Another monster hook up for the same guy that had the thresher and an almost instant bite off. Ended with 30 keepable fish for the 6 of us.
So if you want to have some fun try a big rig with some stainless cable for a leader, do it out your tinny for an extra buzz. :rofl: :water:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:50 pm

Far out what a session!!! Seriously good stuff:) sounds like a top day out on the water :)

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:59 pm

Nice day out re ryded
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Return to “General”