Plolarised Lens Colour

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Expomnowcon
Has liked: 16 times

Re: Plolarised Lens Colour

Post by Expomnowcon » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:36 am

Kimtown wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:30 pm
Expomnowcon wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:50 pm
smokin_reels wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:54 am
Kimtown wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:34 am
smokin_reels wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:51 am

These

https://spotters.com.au/photochromic-lenses/
Pretty cool! I assume that's the kind of **** used in welding goggles and stuff?

Make a difference when looking into water or bit of a marketing gimmick?

They are pretty darn good. And make for great driving glasses too. I’ve never had a problem with them. Especially as the light starts to fade.
With you there, I have a pair Chromatic (brown) lens raybans that cut through water/light like anything. I reckon those spotters will be the one, sticking with the brown lenses!
What model raybans do the chromatic lenses out of curiosity? Or can you get them in any
I got these ones https://www.sunglasshut.com/au/rb4263-8 ... t-Shopping . They are much better than any old polarised lenses, huge difference in the light/colour quality

Expomnowcon
Has liked: 16 times

Post by Expomnowcon » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:38 am

smokin_reels wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
smokin_reels wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:51 am
Kimtown wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:27 am
smokin_reels wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:49 pm
ive got the photochromatic tan spotters and i love em.
U have a wat now
These

https://spotters.com.au/photochromic-lenses/
Pretty cool! I assume that's the kind of **** used in welding goggles and stuff?

They are pretty darn good. And make for great driving glasses too. I’ve never had a problem with them. Especially as the light starts to fade.
Second that, I was in the high country recently for a few days camping/bush bashing and going from snow to sun to cloud etc, my chromatic lenses picked up every detail in ultra HD in the trails and made it a lot safer/more efficient

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:39 am

Definently stump up for photochromatic lenses. I've got Spotters Halides and they're great whether offshore or up a creek from dawn until dusk. Being copper coloured the colour perception with reds, oranges and pinks is a bit off where it either pops out or blends but once you're used to it there's no issues. If you're coming from plastic lenses the weight of the glass can be off putting at first

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:37 pm

Expomnowcon wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:36 am
Kimtown wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:30 pm
Expomnowcon wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:50 pm
smokin_reels wrote:
Kimtown wrote:

With you there, I have a pair Chromatic (brown) lens raybans that cut through water/light like anything. I reckon those spotters will be the one, sticking with the brown lenses!
What model raybans do the chromatic lenses out of curiosity? Or can you get them in any
I got these ones https://www.sunglasshut.com/au/rb4263-8 ... t-Shopping . They are much better than any old polarised lenses, huge difference in the light/colour quality
Ooohh they look very nice mate!
Nice purchase :thumbsup:

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:07 pm

How do chromatic lenses go with phone screens? One of my pet hates with polarization is I can't use my phone without seeing all the funky 70s tripper colours swirling around lol.

Also since posting in this thread my YouTube video ads, facebook feed and whatever has been loaded with sunglass ads.
I must say, William Painter sunglasses have really caught my eye (pardon pun) wonder if they do a chromatic lense in their empire model? Sexy alternative to raybans that's for sure.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:28 pm

With LCD screens its average. But if you've got an OLED screen its fine. Couldn't read my Super LCD phone with sunnies (HTC10) changed to AMOLED (Samsung A30) and can read it with sunnies in full sunlight at less than half brightness

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:34 pm

I really rate the tonic photochromatic copper lens, had a few different glasses and lenses and these have been the best all rounder for me. Directly compared them to the spotters Halide on the water (my spotters with a mates tonics) and both of us preferred the tonics. Bought a pair a few months after that and have used them extensively since and love them
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Return to “General”