Have your say....

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Brighton Bomber

Have your say....

Post by Brighton Bomber » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:16 pm

Hello all, its been a long time since my last report, but I've got to get this of my chest, I've been reading a lot of reports regarding about places that people been catching fish, I enjoy seeing photo of big snappers getting caught and I can understand why people keep the place a secret, and it's also good to tell people as well that's why we put these report up.

:angryfire: But for f u k sake don't say a place that isn't true, in some photo you can clearly see
that is't not Kerferd or Brighton so if you what to say a suburb say from Port Melbourne to St Kilda by saying this you won't get everybody going to one place at the same time it's just not fair.

Have your say

See you at Brighton :victory: :gone:

Haygmbp

Re: Have your say....

Post by Haygmbp » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:42 pm

Could not agree more if u want to keep it a secret dont show it. If you really do want to report and share then do it properly

foggybottom

Post by foggybottom » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:26 pm

Or you could do what landbased game people do up here in Newcastle and blur out all of the photo except the man and the fish. But then why bother posting the photo. Just post it, people will always turn up more when the weather is good, but if you're willing to put the time in, you'll outfish them anyway. I used to switch it up when fishing down there, kerferd, st kilda, brighton, they're not all that far apart if one is too busy just move along...

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:30 pm

I think BB is meaning that ppl are catching and saying "Brighton Breakwall" for the location, so people dont go to their spot. The problem is he fishes there and it gets choccas, and he can clearly see it isnt caught there.

Gotta feel for him if so, cos his spot is getting packed out based on reports that arent even from there. Makes me want to get a yak even more :P

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:37 pm

The report should be about the fish in my opinion. Not the location. A lot of the time when someone gives a false location it's due to people hassling them about giving a location. Ask no questions, hear no lies.

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Have your say....

Post by Raulfc7 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:09 pm

Location is only good for one thing and that is for real estate. If you wanna give a location and somebody doesn't like it then don't take any notice of it, you can't tell people what can and can't post.
As for your spot getting crowded out don't even go there because it's not yours. I've told people many times where the action has been and I've gone the next day only to find them and their mates there and they don't even make room. They say I was here first f@&k that!!
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

nhillboy

Post by nhillboy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:13 pm

My 20 cents is that many fishos on this forum have become secretive and/or paranoid about their posts compared to last fishing season or not posting at all anymore. As stated elsewhere the fish move around and yesterday's hotspot will move to another pier tomorrow. :cheers:

Brighton Bomber

Post by Brighton Bomber » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:15 am

Raulfc7 wrote:Location is only good for one thing and that is for real estate. If you wanna give a location and somebody doesn't like it then don't take any notice of it, you can't tell people what can and can't post. As for your spot getting crowded out don't even go there because it's not yours. I've told people many times where the action has been and I've gone the next day only to find them and their mates there and they don't even make room. They say I was here first f@&k that!!

Hey Raul, regarding your comments just like to say that people can post what every they what
thats what this site is all about, to give people as must of information and feedback as possible.
And as for my spot as you called it, I never said it's my spot, I just don't like people lying about places they say they have caught fish which they really haven't

If people do decide to tell were the action is that's fantatic,but what do you think is going to happen, they will all go to that spot. I try to get to a spot early enough to have a fish, I don't understand how people can just rock up before sunset or sunrise and expect to get the spot, and when they do they fish all over me, in my books that's bloody wrong. I spend lot of hours prepairing to fish so I think I'm intiltle to that spot. I'm not saying they can't fish next to me but don't go over the top, it's not fair.
We are here to share the spot not fight for it.

See you at Brighton :wave2: :gone:

sloth
Has liked: 6 times

Post by sloth » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:42 am

Biggest problem with sharing info on the internet is that it's publicly accessible. Who knows who reads it?

I usually PM people if they ask. I only fish metro so I know I have no secret spots :)

I don't fish the piers but I empathise with Brighton bomber. Got to suck that every man and his dog rocks up once someone mentions snapper .....

Tyler

Post by Tyler » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:15 am

I understand why people don't name spots but bullshitting is a bit unfair.
If you were really that worried you wouldn't put photo's up that make the spot identifiable.

But at the same time when you see all the reports on Facebook where they clearly don't want to tell everyone where they were fishing and the next 25 comments are 'where and what on?' Lying can seem like an easier option.

People just don't want to put in the hard yards anymore, they just want it all handed to them.

Return to “General”