Martin and Ruta's subsistence living presentation night

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
shazdoggg

Martin and Ruta's subsistence living presentation night

Post by shazdoggg » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:18 pm

Hello all fishviccers, :-D
Martin and Ruta(aka alaskanaturally) have kindly offered to host a presentation of their exploits and adventures(refer to threads in 'rest of the world' subforum)! This was suggested by some in the 'clamming and oystering today' post!

After some PM with barramick we have arranged to have the presentation at my friends house in Camberwell on Sunday the 1st of March. An exact time hasn't been arranged but Im thinking somewhere between 5-6pm and this way we could possibly have a bbq dinner after.

I encourage alaskanaturally to reply to this thread with anything they can add...If your interested in coming along please reply in this thread and we can assess numbers and take it from there. If you have any questions feel free to ask in the this thread :)
When I got time,
I wet a line cos Im a junkie,
been fishin since a kid,
I like it cos it numbs me..

alaskanaturally

Re: Martin and Ruta's subsistence living presentation night

Post by alaskanaturally » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:18 pm

Just read this. Happy you were able to put it together. We have a slide show of our first trip to Alaska circa 1980, what it was like to live there, then a return trip, after a six year absence in 2013. The show consists of about 250 slides and our commentary. Of course there are lots of fishing and hunting pics. We hope you can make it and we look forward to meeting our VICTORIA friends.
Martin and Ruta Outdoor Writers: Subsistence living, fishing, hunting, wild plant gathering, mushrooming, living off the grid.

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:59 pm

If I could take a couple days of work I would come down for this and go fishing and annoy my sister in Rosanna.Unfortunately I am working weekends and can't afford it anyway. I think this is a great opportunity for people who live in the general area.
cheers
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:22 pm

That's a great opportunity, i'll check with Ladyk as to what we're up too that day.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Cornacarpio
Has liked: 16 times

Post by Cornacarpio » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:31 pm

This sounds kind of interesting...I might pop in!
Winners forget they're in a race. They just love to run.

shazdoggg

Post by shazdoggg » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:08 am

ok the plan is start the slideshow presentation at 5.30pm. The address is 184 Warrigal rd Camberwell 3124. There is ample parking in nearby regent st and oxford st. There will be a bbq going in the backyard(weather permitting) Not sure how many people will be turning up but would be good to get a rough number :) If not there might not be enough seats for everyone lol

Im looking forward to finally meeting martin and ruta and hopefully a few fishvic faces :) If anyone has any questions feel free to ask in this thread as others may also have the same question :)

cheers shaz
When I got time,
I wet a line cos Im a junkie,
been fishin since a kid,
I like it cos it numbs me..

SparkyUK

Post by SparkyUK » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:30 am

I will come down

widgeon58

Post by widgeon58 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:19 pm

Just a thought and it would depend on Martin and Ruta could it be possible to video the presentation and then download it on to a DVD and copies made for those who wanted it at a nominal price and the money be sent to Martin and Ruta later? I am thinking of those who would like to attend but for some reason or other can't make it.

alaskanaturally

Post by alaskanaturally » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:18 pm

widgeon58 wrote:Just a thought and it would depend on Martin and Ruta could it be possible to video the presentation and then download it on to a DVD and copies made for those who wanted it at a nominal price and the money be sent to Martin and Ruta later? I am thinking of those who would like to attend but for some reason or other can't make it.
If anyone wants to do a DVD, that's fine. We wouldn't charge. Perhaps each who wants one can make a small donation to a conservation organization.
Martin and Ruta Outdoor Writers: Subsistence living, fishing, hunting, wild plant gathering, mushrooming, living off the grid.

widgeon58

Post by widgeon58 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:58 pm

Many Thanks Shazzdoggg for making the presentation happen and thanks Martin and Ruta for sharing the photos and telling us about some of your experiences over the past 20 or so years.

I enjoyed and so did Hamish: getting an 11 year old to sit quiet and not get bored for over an hour means you have got the presentation pitched right.

Rgds
Christopher

Return to “General”