A top day and I didn't wet a line

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Kev209

A top day and I didn't wet a line

Post by Kev209 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:53 pm

My fantastic sister in law gave me a box of old fishing gear today, among it was a 1930's Pacific side cast reel, has a few chips etc. but not to bad for its age. 2 early Alvey reels 1 side cast, 1 3" conventional, plus an early Olympic spinning reel a Jarvis Walker Mudgie deluxe rod a few old lures and some other assorted gear. When cleaned up they will fit in well with the rest of my collection. (the type of gear the average fisho could afford 40 - 50 years ago, and it did the job)

Mishachief

Re: A top day and I didn't wet a line

Post by Mishachief » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:11 pm

ive still got my little olympic 200.. 1st reel i ever got and the rod.. given by dad.. 40years ago... still going strong too.. though i may have the spool milled on a lathe, to remove some corosion one day.. but regarless.. i dont mind some old gear to tinker with, modify.. w/e... passes the wet day hours well..
♥♥♥ Life's a Beach, So Go Fishing! ♥♥♥

Miffy & Sparkles

Post by Miffy & Sparkles » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:44 pm

good find Kev. do you use any of it?
No matter what you done wrong, always try to make it look like the dog did it.

Kev209

Post by Kev209 » Fri May 01, 2015 6:27 am

I returned the old Pacific sidecast, as when I did some research I found out it went back 3 generations, and I believe it should stay in the family. The other old gear I have is just on display in the boys room.

Return to “General”