Fortnightly Meet Ups

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
AVG_Fisho

Fortnightly Meet Ups

Post by AVG_Fisho » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:07 pm

Today was a good time even though there were no fish caught, i really enjoyed meeting the people i've chatted to and argued with on the forum, so i think it's a good idea to make it something that happens more often making it more available to more people.

The idea is a new location every 2 weeks where members can meet up, have a fish and maybe even a cook up on a bbq while we're at it.

I think it would be great for the forum, and a good excuse to go for a fish!
Average Angling Adventures
With Specialty Fishing Products
http://www.facebook.com/average.angling" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rod Bender

Re: Fortnightly Meet Ups

Post by Rod Bender » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:09 am

I am not sure who would put there hand up to continually organise them. In some regards all that has to be done is name a location and date. Then coordinate them so they occur at different locations to give all members an opportunity. So any individual may have one meet in their area every month or two. There is nothing stopping anyone from publicising an upcoming session they are planning and if anyone wants to tag along they can. The thread below was used for a while.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7496" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cheers
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:13 am

Great to see you all had a great time.Salt water fishing is a bit different than fresh water fishing.I love both.Some fishos prefer one ore the other,but not both for some stupid reason.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:17 am

I'm honestly not a fan of fishing with a group of people.

It's fun once in a while to catch up and talk **** but for the most part I find it and pretty much all other pier fishing incredibly tedious.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Larksy88

Post by Larksy88 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:00 am

DougieK wrote:I'm honestly not a fan of fishing with a group of people.

It's fun once in a while to catch up and talk sh*t but for the most part I find it and pretty much all other pier fishing incredibly tedious.
Doug you just hate everyone LOL

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Post by FishnMiss » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:16 am

I think I'm with Dougie mostly there.
When I go fishing I want to catch fish and if I don't I'm not a happy camper.
Some of you boys seem happy looking at the sunsets and smelling the roses, but I'm not fussed if I'm on a rock ledge, in a kayak, boat, beach or some other remote place and I don't have to worry about people crossing my line/s or tourists asking me stupid questions-"Have you caught anything yet?" (Ok if kids ask me that's fine).
I don't enjoy piers - They're too crowded, people push in, cross over your lines (often without apologising) take undersized fish (I've lost count of the people I've seen and confronted).
I'd be happy to watch pro's like CarlG and few others on here and gain more experience (hopefully not asking them stupid questions).
I don't mind having a chat/catchup after fishing over a coffee or a beer.
Having said all that, arranging a meetup once in a while to meet some blokes on here after fishing sounds ok :crazy:
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:32 pm

FishnMiss wrote:..........................................................................................................................................
I don't enjoy piers - They're too crowded, people push in, cross over your lines (often without apologising)......................
Any get togethers we have do not have to be on piers. We have cod trips, cray trips and carp culls...none of them on piers! :-D Anyone can organise anything, anywhere. The best thing to do if you don't mind some company is if you are going to a particular spot, just let other members know in case they want to tag along. Our members who fish gunnamatta often do it. I do it here at times...in Shepparton!
cheers
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Larksy88

Post by Larksy88 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:05 pm

Rod Bender wrote:
FishnMiss wrote:..........................................................................................................................................
I don't enjoy piers - They're too crowded, people push in, cross over your lines (often without apologising)......................
Any get togethers we have do not have to be on piers. We have cod trips, cray trips and carp culls...none of them on piers! :-D Anyone can organise anything, anywhere. The best thing to do if you don't mind some company is if you are going to a particular spot, just let other members know in case they want to tag along. Our members who fish gunnamatta often do it. I do it here at times...in Shepparton!
cheers
Jim
The Gunnamatta Meet ups are great fun

skuxliss

Post by skuxliss » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:38 pm

Larksy88 wrote:
Rod Bender wrote:
cheers
Jim
Cannot agree more, blokes are welcoming and you learn watching the pro's work the magic and copy and paste their style

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Post by FishnMiss » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:12 pm

Larksy88 wrote:
Rod Bender wrote:
cheers
Jim
I've never been to Gunners, keep reading what all you boys do down there, so I'm reel keen :thumbsup:
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

Return to “General”