Hawaiian slings / hand Spear / Spear gun Flounder hunting.

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Hawaiian slings / hand Spear / Spear gun Flounder hunting.

Post by smile0784 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:31 pm

crumpet_avenger wrote:
drew 2 wrote:They are not "point's" they are actually the legislated regs in both states.Hence there is legal consequences for breaking them.
As a good mate of mine say's, with over 25 years as a traffic cop in this state(vic).We will never get too far with reducing the road toll further,until we start testing the IQ of a person,to make sure they can even comprehend the laws, before letting them even sit a licence test to drive in this state.
The problem is when you ask a so called expert froma a tackle store for a specific item to fish in a specific place and he leads you up the garden path....
Everyone should know the rules but theres that many of them even fishing show hosts dont know.

A tackle store owner shouldnt be allowed to sell something that is illegal to use for the purpose that he has been informed of.

Opera house nets in private dams is fine. My 3 pronged soear with barbs for flounder at rye is not. I asked for a spear setup and he gave me bad advice. If i got a fine he wouldnt of got any punishment and that to me is wrong
With the commercial industy the way it is, i sopose the dealer just wants a.sale.
Money is money and im sure he would denie the reason if it was illegal saying i didn't sell it to him for that.

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:34 pm

drew 2 wrote:No different to the barman at the pub getting the blame for selling you that one extra beer that got you caught for driving over .05.Should he have to spend 10minutes explaining the drink driving laws to everyone he sells a beer too? No responsibility on my behalf.It was the barmans fault,he should have known i was gonna drive home and not sold me the (perfectly legal to buy beer) At some stage we all have to take responsibility for our own actions.
But a gun shop can and will refuse to see you a gun if they know its for illeagal use.
So how is that any different to supply and demade business?

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:36 pm

crumpet_avenger wrote:
drew 2 wrote:No different to the barman at the pub getting the blame for selling you that one extra beer that got you caught for driving over .05.Should he have to spend 10minutes explaining the drink driving laws to everyone he sells a beer too? No responsibility on my behalf.It was the barmans fault,he should have known i was gonna drive home and not sold me the (perfectly legal to buy beer) At some stage we all have to take responsibility for our own actions.
A spear for fish should be standard and not sold if unable to be used unless warnings are posted especially after being asked specifically.
Just like it says in a bar people wont be sold alcohol if they are intoxicated.

As for you barmans anology, did you tell him you were driving before you bought your extra pot? Maybe he thought you were getting a lift.
A bit different than asking for specific advice on a specific species of fish 100 meters across a road. The 2 are nothing alike

So many different factors involved but your right on the shop seller shouldnt sell you something like a specialized item with out telling you what you can and cant use it for.

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:34 am

You obviously haven't purchased a gun in a long time. The guy in the gun shop has no say in it at all.
Guns are controlled weapons,to purchase one you must apply for a permit to acquire from vicpol licensing and regulation division,who will in 28 days, either issue or deny you a permit.If you were stupid enough to put down an illegal activity as your reason for acquiring, then there is a fair chance you wont get the permit.You would also get a visit from the police as you first have to have a licence before applying and any guns you all ready have would be gone and a date with the magistrate would be arranged.Stop spreading 5hit about things you obviously know little about.

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:02 pm

drew 2 wrote:You obviously haven't purchased a gun in a long time. The guy in the gun shop has no say in it at all.
Guns are controlled weapons,to purchase one you must apply for a permit to acquire from vicpol licensing and regulation division,who will in 28 days, either issue or deny you a permit.If you were stupid enough to put down an illegal activity as your reason for acquiring, then there is a fair chance you wont get the permit.You would also get a visit from the police as you first have to have a licence before applying and any guns you all ready have would be gone and a date with the magistrate would be arranged.Stop spreading 5hit about things you obviously know little about.
yep been about 8 yeas since i enquired for one to add when i was going to upgrade in my security licence to work on armagaud trucks when i was working security

Return to “General”