Your top fishing mistakes

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
hskim00

Re: Your top fishing mistakes

Post by hskim00 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:52 am

vinhii wrote:
hskim00 wrote:Fished Beaumaris pier in the mid night about a couple of months ago and such a great night to wet the line in water in winter; pretty low temperature but very calm, no wind, glassy water and even no other people around :Fishing_1:

Must have been fishing there for 4 hours or little more without bites and starting to get bored so decided to collect some mussels from pylons for bait. Bended to reach mussels sticking on middle sections of pylons and soon after, something came out of my pocket and dropped into water. Oh,well... that was my bloody car key!!! Lighting around and managing to spot my car key looking object sitting on the bottom of water :super:

Starting to go through a decision making process of whether or not to get in there to taste the freezing water and to retrieve it. Ended up taking off multiple layers of my cloth and jumping into water :Jump: . Very lucky to have no heart attack in the icy water and land my car key :rough: . Having to admit that this has become one of my top secrets that is kept away from my missus :shutup: .

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!! :lolf: :lolf: :lolf: that mustve SUCKED!!!!!! lol poor bugga! lol

Yeah, that wasn't actually my first time having trouble with my car key during or after fishing. 3 months before that happening, I left my car key in the boot and closed the door after putting all my fishing gears in. What a disaster! Somehow I was carrying all my spare car keys on that day and they were also locked up inside my car. Ended up calling Lock Smith to have the door unlocked and charged $250 for that service as it was a Sunday having to pay double prices :shocker: .

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:03 am

hskim00 wrote:

Yeah, that wasn't actually my first time having trouble with my car key during or after fishing. 3 months before that happening, I left my car key in the boot and closed the door after putting all my fishing gears in. What a disaster! Somehow I was carrying all my spare car keys on that day and they were also locked up inside my car. Ended up calling Lock Smith to have the door unlocked and charged $250 for that service as it was a Sunday having to pay double prices :shocker: .
Ohh god lolol .. you seem to just have badluck with keys lol..

bloody hell! $250 that mustve hurt the pocket lol.. and how come you had all your spare keys on you ?
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:04 am

hskim00 wrote:
you are not alone on car keys. Happened to me twice.

My friend and I went fishing after a company team building on a river somewhere the "Cathedral Peaks" (not the trout farm but close to that). The rods and tackle were on my car. He borrowed my keys when he needed a hook. Damned! he locked the keys on the boot. He drove 100km to pick up the spare keys from my place and 100km back to hand me over the spare keys. While he was on the road, I was fishing. :lol: He drove another 100km to get home. That thought him a lesson. :roflmao:

Then a year later, I locked my keys in the boot while in Brighton Pier! I had to call a taxi to get the spare keys and spent $100 for the round trip. :angryfire: Bangg. To top it up, I did not catch anything that night. :angry:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:20 am

LOL! poor FC!! mustve been a fun trip in the taxi hahaha :lolf:
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:53 am

Saw a boat that obviously had been swamped at Olivers hill boat ramp, not sure if they were launching or retrieving.

Hopefully the rocks didn't not rub a hole in the hull.

hskim00

Post by hskim00 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:18 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
hskim00 wrote:
you are not alone on car keys. Happened to me twice.

Then a year later, I locked my keys in the boot while in Brighton Pier! I had to call a taxi to get the spare keys and spent $100 for the round trip. :angryfire: Bangg. To top it up, I did not catch anything that night. :angry:
You were lucky to have your mobile and wallet with you when that happened. In my case they were all locked inside my car. I was fishing Keford pier on that day and popped into a cafe near the entrance of the pier, used their telephone and called Lock Smith. What a shameful experience! Well, I at least did catch a dozen of sambos and tasted them as a fancy meal with tears later that night.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:34 pm

hskim00 wrote: You were lucky to have your mobile and wallet with you when that happened. In my case they were all locked inside my car. I was fishing Keford pier on that day and popped into a cafe near the entrance of the pier, used their telephone and called Lock Smith. What a shameful experience! Well, I at least did catch a dozen of sambos and tasted them as a fancy meal with tears later that night.

I always pick up ,my phone and wallet first before anything else. I now attach my keys to my clothing (with carabiner) so I always have the keys with me. The old dog learned a lesson. lol

Yeah Vinhii, the taxi driver thanked me for locking my car key. He said there was not much passengers around that night. :doh1:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Return to “General”