Your top fishing mistakes

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
snapperslayer

Re: Your top fishing mistakes

Post by snapperslayer » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Was fishing off a boat, baited the hook with fresh salmon Fillet, chucked it in - did not bother to put the rod in the rod holder, picked another rod to bait it and heard a loud thud, rod was swimming in the fishes.

Moral of the story -Always put the rod in your rod holder

jason

Post by jason » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:57 am

we had all gone deep sea fishing back in england. after a good session it was time too head back to the shore this was the time we took to clean and gut our catch. my friend decided he needed to wash his bucket so he leaned over the boat to get some water in it (the boat was moving) as soon as the bucket went into the sea so did he. :lolf:

Lil miss fish

Post by Lil miss fish » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:52 pm

Even though i'm still new my mistake was when I was little my dad took me to a trout farm in Albury Wodonga and as I cast into the middle of the pool I lost my footing and one leg went in the water while the other stayed on the ledge (dry) not only did I leave in pain but the fish were tooo scared to take my bait :oops: Now older it's bait I have an issue with :pfft:
Reel women fish

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:21 pm

snapperslayer wrote:Was fishing off a boat, baited the hook with fresh salmon Fillet, chucked it in - did not bother to put the rod in the rod holder, picked another rod to bait it and heard a loud thud, rod was swimming in the fishes.

Moral of the story -Always put the rod in your rod holder

100% agree

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:22 pm

jason wrote:we had all gone deep sea fishing back in england. after a good session it was time too head back to the shore this was the time we took to clean and gut our catch. my friend decided he needed to wash his bucket so he leaned over the boat to get some water in it (the boat was moving) as soon as the bucket went into the sea so did he. :lolf:

Now that is :lol:

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:26 pm

Lil miss fish wrote:Even though i'm still new my mistake was when I was little my dad took me to a trout farm in Albury Wodonga and as I cast into the middle of the pool I lost my footing and one leg went in the water while the other stayed on the ledge (dry) not only did I leave in pain but the fish were tooo scared to take my bait :oops: Now older it's bait I have an issue with :pfft:

Fishing is a rewarding journey , we constantly are learning "even more so from our mistakes" . :)

Tomcat1

Post by Tomcat1 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:42 pm

top fishing mistake for me was fishing mordialloc pier late at night and had the drag on my line set too tight. had a good bite and set the hook and 50 pound line with 100 pound steel leader snapped. put new leader on and threw the lie back out and 5 minutes later the same thing happened. i learned to set drag better since lol.

hskim00

Post by hskim00 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:32 am

Fished Beaumaris pier in the mid night about a couple of months ago and such a great night to wet the line in water in winter; pretty low temperature but very calm, no wind, glassy water and even no other people around :Fishing_1:

Must have been fishing there for 4 hours or little more without bites and starting to get bored so decided to collect some mussels from pylons for bait. Bended to reach mussels sticking on middle sections of pylons and soon after, something came out of my pocket and dropped into water. Oh,well... that was my bloody car key!!! Lighting around and managing to spot my car key looking object sitting on the bottom of water :super:

Starting to go through a decision making process of whether or not to get in there to taste the freezing water and to retrieve it. Ended up taking off multiple layers of my cloth and jumping into water :Jump: . Very lucky to have no heart attack in the icy water and land my car key :rough: . Having to admit that this has become one of my top secrets that is kept away from my missus :shutup: .

Time Poor

Post by Time Poor » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:08 am

I dropped my prescription sunglasses over Frankson pier, bummer. Now there's a fish swimming around down there with dodgy eyes but looking cool!

Anyone know if I can get prescription sunglasses made up in Melbourne?
There is no such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer.

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:51 am

hskim00 wrote:Fished Beaumaris pier in the mid night about a couple of months ago and such a great night to wet the line in water in winter; pretty low temperature but very calm, no wind, glassy water and even no other people around :Fishing_1:

Must have been fishing there for 4 hours or little more without bites and starting to get bored so decided to collect some mussels from pylons for bait. Bended to reach mussels sticking on middle sections of pylons and soon after, something came out of my pocket and dropped into water. Oh,well... that was my bloody car key!!! Lighting around and managing to spot my car key looking object sitting on the bottom of water :super:

Starting to go through a decision making process of whether or not to get in there to taste the freezing water and to retrieve it. Ended up taking off multiple layers of my cloth and jumping into water :Jump: . Very lucky to have no heart attack in the icy water and land my car key :rough: . Having to admit that this has become one of my top secrets that is kept away from my missus :shutup: .

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!! :lolf: :lolf: :lolf: that mustve SUCKED!!!!!! lol poor bugga! lol
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Return to “General”