Looking for Fishing Buddy who has a Boat!

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Looking for Fishing Buddy who has a Boat!

Post by 4liters » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:05 pm

Good job ******** :thumbsup:

I'd say a fair few people here will remember your attitude to the rules next time you need advice
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Queasy

Post by Queasy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:05 pm

Elly27 wrote: I am not staying at that spot, I leave once I catch something.
Why would you leave once you catch something? Afraid that the other fish are spooked? Generally speaking if you are fishing for anything that forms schools, and you begin catching them, you would be well advised to stay there, keep doing what you are doing and catch more. Maybe not such a good idea if they are undersized tho of course.
Elly27 wrote: I realised it was not legal once I left as normal whiting has no limit
Correct, other whiting such as grass whiting have no legal minimum size.

We all make mistakes at times, I can understand in the excitement one could forget the exact limit on a particular fish. Perhaps the lesson here is to err on the side of caution and to release small fish that you haven't caught before or at least have the fishing guide handy to refer to. The minimum sizes are really quite small, too small imo - personally I don't usually keep anything until its at least a couple of cm over the minimum for the species.

Elly27
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Elly27 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:29 pm

Queasy wrote:
Elly27 wrote: I am not staying at that spot, I leave once I catch something.
Why would you leave once you catch something? Afraid that the other fish are spooked? Generally speaking if you are fishing for anything that forms schools, and you begin catching them, you would be well advised to stay there, keep doing what you are doing and catch more. Maybe not such a good idea if they are undersized tho of course.
Elly27 wrote: I realised it was not legal once I left as normal whiting has no limit
Correct, other whiting such as grass whiting have no legal minimum size.

We all make mistakes at times, I can understand in the excitement one could forget the exact limit on a particular fish. Perhaps the lesson here is to err on the side of caution and to release small fish that you haven't caught before or at least have the fishing guide handy to refer to. The minimum sizes are really quite small, too small imo - personally I don't usually keep anything until its at least a couple of cm over the minimum for the species.
I like to move to different spots, I was targetting Australian Salmon. Not into staying and catching more

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:53 pm

So you just want to catch 1 Australian salmon mate? Did you see my report and pics?

Elly27

Post by Elly27 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:00 pm

Lightningx wrote:So you just want to catch 1 Australian salmon mate? Did you see my report and pics?
Mate all I want is 1, that satisfies me with my hunt ^_^

I saw no report, I checked

Elly27

Post by Elly27 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:43 pm

Anyone have a youtube video how to rig white and bluebait? It keeps falling off the hook

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:17 pm

Elly27 wrote:Anyone have a youtube video how to rig white and bluebait? It keeps falling off the hook
You tried doubling the whitebait over and then putting it on he hook? Usually stays on for me and I have done it many times :thumbsup:

Elly27

Post by Elly27 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:42 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Elly27 wrote:Anyone have a youtube video how to rig white and bluebait? It keeps falling off the hook
You tried doubling the whitebait over and then putting it on he hook? Usually stays on for me and I have done it many times :thumbsup:
Yeah I tried that, it just falls apart. It could be it is only good once you buy it or you need to salt freeze it.

Can you explain how you double it over?

Elly27

Post by Elly27 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:58 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Can you send an image or sketch?

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:32 pm

Elly27 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
Yeah I tried that, it just falls apart. It could be it is only good once you buy it or you need to salt freeze it.

Can you explain how you double it over?
Was it fresh or old bait? The fresher the better or
bury it in butches salt fir 2 days and let it dry out

Return to “General”