Hazelwood to open for fishing 9th Dec

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
GonnaNeedABiggerBoat

Re: Hazelwood to open for fishing 9th Dec

Post by GonnaNeedABiggerBoat » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:58 pm

A casual 11 hours out there today and no result whatsoever. I am beginning to think that having a rod in the water doesn't actually alter your chances of catching anything. This may be the greatest hoax ever propagated among the Victorian fishing community and to anyone who is looking forward to an upcoming day on the pondage, bring a good book.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:09 pm

The reward is there if you put in the time. Unfortunately for boaties you get 1 chance unless you get balloted multiple times or enter all your under age offspring.

Didn't watch the I-fish pre fish episode but watched talking fishing the night before.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O8aO9RTS7ks

Forward to 1 min 30 sec you will hear co host Trelly say he "pulled" his early nomination which David Kramer said "yeah same me" he continues on "there's no early fish".

The very next day from that show going to air David was filming IFISH with Paul Worstleing in the no boating zone catching a few Barra far less than others have I must add.

Next week on talking fishing Adam Ring who is also attached to IFISH and manages Tackleworld Mornington criticised anyone who was negative towards Paul and David on social media.

People are scratching their heads why the public cannot fish areas a Television show host and his business associate can they are also wondering why these same people had the right to fish the pondage before the general public.

Anyone who questions this gets we put in 10 years work rhetoric. Was it an act of philanthropy or a business move?
Judging by the advertising, talking fishing whom all 3 hosts are attached to tackle world and the post fish webinar it appears to be the latter.

As for the fishing had good catches and donuts it's a tricky puzzle to solve.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:29 pm

Just watched the Ifish Barra episode online. The only fishing done outside of the boating exclusion zone was the first casts Paul and David made at the Island. All fish were caught in the immediate vicinity of the end of the hot water outlet which happens to be within the boating exclusion zone. There was also some footage near the bank of the creek at switchback rd but no fish were caught there this is also within the boating exclusion zone.

Other fisherman have been able to catch Barra from outside of the boating exclusion zones but they are not in the same numbers and take a lot more time and dedication.

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:28 am

maybe as the weather finally heats up the fishing there will improve?

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:39 am

rb85 wrote:Just watched the Ifish Barra episode online. The only fishing done outside of the boating exclusion zone was the first casts Paul and David made at the Island. All fish were caught in the immediate vicinity of the end of the hot water outlet which happens to be within the boating exclusion zone. There was also some footage near the bank of the creek at switchback rd but no fish were caught there this is also within the boating exclusion zone.

Other fisherman have been able to catch Barra from outside of the boating exclusion zones but they are not in the same numbers and take a lot more time and dedication.
Agree....thats why its challanging.

I would love to have a have a whole day in the exclusion zone like paul worsling ..

Ii fished it again yesterday for only one fish.it was really windy in the afternoon and not pleasant condictions.

Bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

rb85

Post by rb85 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:12 am

barra mick wrote:
rb85 wrote:Just watched the Ifish Barra episode online. The only fishing done outside of the boating exclusion zone was the first casts Paul and David made at the Island. All fish were caught in the immediate vicinity of the end of the hot water outlet which happens to be within the boating exclusion zone. There was also some footage near the bank of the creek at switchback rd but no fish were caught there this is also within the boating exclusion zone.

I would love to have a have a whole day in the exclusion zone like paul worsling ..

Ii fished it again yesterday for only one fish.it was really windy in the afternoon and not pleasant condictions.

Bm
Would have been tough going. Had a fish this morning land based managed to catch 2 at 55cm and 35cm would have liked to stay longer but couldn't.
Theres areas that people aren't supposed to fish land based but authorities seem to be turning a blind eye this will be fine if people do the right thing but this morning I noticed there was McDonalds wrappers, beer cans, stubbies of jack daniels and even a nappy. Highly doubt it would be people from here but I would plead for people to keep the area tidy.

barra mick

Post by barra mick » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:58 pm

rb85 wrote:
barra mick wrote:

Bm
Would have been tough going. Had a fish this morning land based managed to catch 2 at 55cm and 35cm would have liked to stay longer but couldn't.
Theres areas that people aren't supposed to fish land based but authorities seem to be turning a blind eye this will be fine if people do the right thing but this morning I noticed there was McDonalds wrappers, beer cans, stubbies of jack daniels and even a nappy. Highly doubt it would be people from here but I would plead for people to keep the area tidy.
yeah the rubbish is no good.i picked up 5 vb cans at the boat ramp yesterday. ..guess people taking there frustration out on the lake instead off there ability.

no need to litter the joint.

thats a good fish the 58 cm..the ones ive managed to catch so far have all been under 58cm.

im fishing it next on the 25th.

Cheers bm

rb85

Post by rb85 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:30 pm

Just happy to finally catch a few more Mick. Will probably fish elsewhere for a while now silly season has started although am hopeful of landing a 80cm plus fish.

barra mick

Post by barra mick » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:25 pm

rb85 wrote:Just happy to finally catch a few more Mick. Will probably fish elsewhere for a while now silly season has started although am hopeful of landing a 80cm plus fish.
how busy does the water get with water skiers over janurary??

rb85

Post by rb85 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:09 am

barra mick wrote:
rb85 wrote:Just happy to finally catch a few more Mick. Will probably fish elsewhere for a while now silly season has started although am hopeful of landing a 80cm plus fish.
how busy does the water get with water skiers over janurary??
I haven't spent a lot of time there over the last few years but it used to get a lot of ski boats and jet skis over the holiday period should ease off towards the end of the month.

Return to “General”