Day out at Lake Eppalock

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
donutcrooks

Day out at Lake Eppalock

Post by donutcrooks » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:27 pm

G'day gents,
I am back to tell you I went fishing today at Lake Eppalock and all your help was fantastic! (Here is the link to all the help: viewtopic.php?f=105&t=17168 )

First off, we ventured near the caravan area and found a shaded area near the boat ramp. My first best mates dad got a baby carp right after he had cast in and sat down. My fishing experience was quite odd and yet really quite sad. I saw my best mates rod going at it like crazy with bites and his dad always having to rebate or get a bloody stinky baby off his hook, so I decided to leave my dead like rod on its stand and try hook up a lure on the telescopic... BUT! As I started trying to fix the bugger of a reel on the telescopic I hear my name being shouted across the whole lake and my rod had got a fish! I tried to reel it in and do it all pro like (from watching videos hehe) but I couldn't get it in. The problem was that I left it too long and it had taken too much line and got caught under snags in the water.. The second time it happened again, well.. The only the snag but me not being at my rod. I ventured away to see what someone else had caught fishing next to us and my name had once again been shouted across the lake. B U M M E R -- My best mate caught a bloody beaut of a carp, probably around 30cm right before we left.

Our bait of corn was more successful than worms.

You can find pictures attached of our beaut catches,
Cheers.

ImageImage

Prawnboy

Re: Day out at Lake Eppalock

Post by Prawnboy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:56 pm

Yep that carp made good food for the water rats hahaha. Got a small reddie as well on worms. A lot of carp about, wish we got more reddies. Was fun though until you lost your big fish in the snags :water:

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:25 am

sounds like a typical day at eppalock

donutcrooks

Post by donutcrooks » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:49 pm

laneends wrote:sounds like a typical day at eppalock
Oh boy, that doesn't sound good.

Return to “General”