Does anyone know?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Does anyone know?

Post by CarlG » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:52 am

ducky wrote:I've slept many times in a Barcrusher. Take a sleeping bag. A pillow and if hull slap is a problem for you take some earplugs.

The marina idea is a good one. But depends on if you're wanting a bit of shut eye or if you are wanting a full blown nights rest. I'd take the shut eye in some protected water every time.
What Duckman said. Find a quiet spot out of the marina, and anchor up.
Just be very, very sure of the weather conditions for the following day.
My mate and I decided to get some sleep during tea tree a couple of years back. Woke up to a freshening breeze, 5 minutes later, was a full blown storm that had hammered through some 10-12 hours earlier than predicted. Had a nightmare 2 hours getting from North East westernport back to Stony.

MsShimano

Post by MsShimano » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:26 am

Awesome. Thanks for all the great info guys. Much appreciated for helping out. I will give the Marina a call!
Of course I talk to my self while fishing.. sometimes I need expert advice! :fishing:

MsShimano

Post by MsShimano » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:26 am

skronkman wrote:Just looked up westernport marina. $18 per night up to 25'. It's cheaper than a caravan park too.

Just typed in westernport marina in google?
Of course I talk to my self while fishing.. sometimes I need expert advice! :fishing:

Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:48 am

Sleep stony point caravan park Ur right at the ramp that way

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:55 am

skronkman wrote:
cobby wrote:Call up the marina and wet berth it for the weekend
I don't know what the cost of this is but it's great idea. You'll get amenities, safety, the boat is already floating and the wind chop in the marina should be greatly reduced. Good thinking Cobby.
It's cheap for what you can get if you use all facilities. Showers, laundry, fuel pump on the water (if needed and separate charge obviously), there's a pub for a meal and froffy and complete 24hr access to the boat. Launch it Friday, retrieve after the presentation Sunday. Convenience alone beats putting up with the hull slap in a backcrusher any day of the week. Get in quick, a lot of locals wet berth for the comp

MsShimano

Post by MsShimano » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:58 pm

cobby wrote:
skronkman wrote:
cobby wrote:Call up the marina and wet berth it for the weekend
I don't know what the cost of this is but it's great idea. You'll get amenities, safety, the boat is already floating and the wind chop in the marina should be greatly reduced. Good thinking Cobby.
It's cheap for what you can get if you use all facilities. Showers, laundry, fuel pump on the water (if needed and separate charge obviously), there's a pub for a meal and froffy and complete 24hr access to the boat. Launch it Friday, retrieve after the presentation Sunday. Convenience alone beats putting up with the hull slap in a backcrusher any day of the week. Get in quick, a lot of locals wet berth for the comp
Thanks. Giving them a call now!!

Return to “General”