Stockyard Point??

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
TheLoneTurtle

Stockyard Point??

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:50 pm

Hey everyone
I am wondering which spot would i have more success with (or any success at all) stockyard point? Lang lang beach? or just where the car parking is in Jam Jurrup? I am really usure of this stuff. Tomorrow night i am going and today i am getting bait. Last week i caught loads of fresh mullet, also an eel are those any good for gummies and elephant fish? Today im thinking of getting some pilchards, squid maybe some blue bait. If you guys can give me any spots i would appreciate it. Also here is a pic of what i got at Mornington last week just on the end of the big pier: https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=59915B92

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Stockyard Point??

Post by purple5ive » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:36 pm

i wouldnt go there on a night trip if you havent been to stockyard point before. theres quite a lot of quicksand there and you will sink in it if your not carefull.

best way is to follow others that are going there and fish where they are , once you get to the carpark at jamjerrup turn left and go all the way down. its a long walk so go prepared and travel light

TheLoneTurtle

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:40 pm

purple5ive wrote:i wouldnt go there on a night trip if you havent been to stockyard point before. theres quite a lot of quicksand there and you will sink in it if your not carefull.

best way is to follow others that are going there and fish where they are , once you get to the carpark at jamjerrup turn left and go all the way down. its a long walk so go prepared and travel light
hahah yea. What about lang lang though?

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:53 pm

lang lang and JJ carpark are only doable on a high tide. Lang lang I would say is your best bet on a high and stockyard on the low.

Stewy

Post by Stewy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:23 pm

You'll be ok at stockyard point . 10 pm tide change, so arrive around 6/630 in daylight to check out the place. At night best to use hardy baits. Squid, prawn ,trav , something that will stay on your line as softer baits tend to fall off during cast and you may not notice.
I may end up going as well .
Cheers Stewy

TheLoneTurtle

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:41 pm

laneends wrote:lang lang and JJ carpark are only doable on a high tide. Lang lang I would say is your best bet on a high and stockyard on the low.
Thanks for the tips. :thumbsup:

TheLoneTurtle

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:42 pm

Stewy wrote:You'll be ok at stockyard point . 10 pm tide change, so arrive around 6/630 in daylight to check out the place. At night best to use hardy baits. Squid, prawn ,trav , something that will stay on your line as softer baits tend to fall off during cast and you may not notice.
I may end up going as well .
Cheers Stewy
Cheers for the advice and bait suggestions. Maybe i will see you there. hahhaha :a_goodjob:

TheLoneTurtle

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:38 pm

ok so i went and caught 2 undersized gummys and 1 tiny elephant fish at lang lang on high tide. Used squid and eel works great...!!!

Stewy

Post by Stewy » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:26 pm

:a_goodjob: Great start

TheLoneTurtle

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:19 pm

Stewy wrote::a_goodjob: Great start
yeah! Gummys fight like kings :D :super: :a_goodjob:

Return to “General”