Hitting Lang Lang!!

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
TheLoneTurtle

Hitting Lang Lang!!

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:23 am

I cannot believe what i saw yesterday!! One man on lang lang beach caught a 3 and a half kg gummy. I just couldn't resist i never have anything to do on the weekend and i live 10 minutes from lang lang so im heading down on Saturday (maybe the weather isnt looking good):(. He caught it from the beach the lucky bugger!! Im heading out for the afternoon with burley to catch some live mullet maybe? If you can give me some tips about the baits it will be much appreciated!
Attachments
c05d3f089262d0d779989621bfce6417_VanWyk113_3.jpg
c05d3f089262d0d779989621bfce6417_VanWyk113_3.jpg (10.82 KiB) Viewed 1666 times

Born2fish

Re: Hitting Lang Lang!!

Post by Born2fish » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:42 am

Salmon and squid best baits for gummys mate

Stewy

Post by Stewy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:45 am

Good luck . Baits : as discussed in the previous discussion regarding jam jerrup. When starting out in new areas best to bring different baits and see what works best for you with the conditions you have at that place . Personally speaking I have preferences to the use of squid and travelly . I also don't goto Lang Lang as I feel it's more productive at jam jerrup, however I would stick with what I feel works regarding my choice of baits if I was to go Lang Lang .
Weather should be good on sat at Lang Lang :a_goodjob:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:38 am

Good luck mate! Hope you do well :P

TheLoneTurtle

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:54 pm

Thanks for the replys. Gonna give squid, trevally, salmon and blue bait a try :D

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:32 pm

I've had my best gummy sessions with fresh salmon over any bait. Hope you get onto one mate!

Cheers, Anth

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:54 pm

Fleshy baits attract rays. Well, that's all I ever seem to bloody catch on them anyway! Lol. Pillies and squid work well, but the selection of baits you mentioned will do the job. Gummies aren't too picky imo. A night sesh may be more productive, as fish will come in close under the cover of darkness. If you're lucky enough, you'll have a chance of a red or a jewie as well.
Good luck!!

TheLoneTurtle

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:04 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:I've had my best gummy sessions with fresh salmon over any bait. Hope you get onto one mate!

Cheers, Anth
Cheers mate :D

TheLoneTurtle

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:05 pm

Redhunter wrote:Fleshy baits attract rays. Well, that's all I ever seem to bloody catch on them anyway! Lol. Pillies and squid work well, but the selection of baits you mentioned will do the job. Gummies aren't too picky imo. A night sesh may be more productive, as fish will come in close under the cover of darkness. If you're lucky enough, you'll have a chance of a red or a jewie as well.
Good luck!!
Thanks mate :D :a_goodjob:

Whiskers
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Whiskers » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:21 pm

It would be good if they ever rebuild the pier at Lang Lang.

The original pier was almost derelict by 2004 and was removed in 2007 with vague promises from the government that it would be rebuilt. Like many government promises it has never eventuated.

Prior to 2004 Lang Lang pier was a popular spot but once the pier was closed lang Lang attracted few visitors.
Back in the 1950's it was a very popular place, specially when the swimming pool was built. That also has gone. It was removed and filled in. (It used to be where the large grassed area is just near the sea wall.) Some of the old brickwork and concrete rubble still remains in an area to the right of the boat ramp.

Lang Lang Foreshore was also the venue for the old Sunday Sun newspapers beauty carnival back in the early 1950's, the event attracting crowds of 2000 plus people.

Another point of interest in the area was a proposal back in the early 1920's to build a 2000 foot pier at Stockyard Point for local trade and to service the penal colony at French Island. It never happened though. If it had it would have been a fishing Mecca.
:)

Return to “General”