Hitting Lang Lang!!

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
TheLoneTurtle

Re: Hitting Lang Lang!!

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:03 pm

Whiskers wrote:It would be good if they ever rebuild the pier at Lang Lang.

The original pier was almost derelict by 2004 and was removed in 2007 with vague promises from the government that it would be rebuilt. Like many government promises it has never eventuated.

Prior to 2004 Lang Lang pier was a popular spot but once the pier was closed lang Lang attracted few visitors.
Back in the 1950's it was a very popular place, specially when the swimming pool was built. That also has gone. It was removed and filled in. (It used to be where the large grassed area is just near the sea wall.) Some of the old brickwork and concrete rubble still remains in an area to the right of the boat ramp.

Lang Lang Foreshore was also the venue for the old Sunday Sun newspapers beauty carnival back in the early 1950's, the event attracting crowds of 2000 plus people.

Another point of interest in the area was a proposal back in the early 1920's to build a 2000 foot pier at Stockyard Point for local trade and to service the penal colony at French Island. It never happened though. If it had it would have been a fishing Mecca.
:)
That pier must of been good :banana: :water: :fish22:

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:06 pm

Whiskers wrote:Another point of interest in the area was a proposal back in the early 1920's to build a 2000 foot pier at Stockyard Point for local trade and to service the penal colony at French Island. It never happened though. If it had it would have been a fishing Mecca.
:)
would have been good but by now like Lang Lang - Queensferry and Tenby Point jetties it would be gone to by now though lack of upkeep
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

TheLoneTurtle

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:33 pm

So i went on the wrong time and it low tide so i went to stockyard point. I caught 4 tailors and 1 nice elephant on squid and blue bait. It was very productive like i would always be getting taps by small salmon and mullet. I lost something MASSIVE but i think it was a stingray. I only stayed for 3 hours, not even so im pretty happy with that :D

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:34 pm

That's a nice session mate :thumbsup:

TheLoneTurtle

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:55 pm

Lightningx wrote:That's a nice session mate :thumbsup:
yeah good fun but bad walk :fish22:

Stewy

Post by Stewy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:41 pm

Good stuff ! That something massive could of been a snapper :a_goodjob:

Bennyjj

Post by Bennyjj » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:04 pm

Fair session there, well done

TheLoneTurtle

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:40 pm

Stewy wrote:Good stuff ! That something massive could of been a snapper :a_goodjob:
i dont know maybe but the bite was very big and the rod just stayed bending and it was moving in only one direction and not very fast but heavy. I think stingray?
Attachments
species_419425.jpeg

TheLoneTurtle

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:41 pm

Bennyjj wrote:Fair session there, well done
yea cheers mate :) :a_goodjob:

Return to “General”