Inlets for fresh bait?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
TheLoneTurtle

Inlets for fresh bait?

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:24 am

Hey guys so i need fresh bait. I would love an inlet with mullet and salmon but not many toadies. I know sawtells inlet in torradin. I used to catch trevally on size small salmon and mullet but now whenever i go there i lose all my hooks because that is toady kingdom!
All replys are greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Nuscani

Re: Inlets for fresh bait?

Post by Nuscani » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:55 pm

Don't know of any other inlets that have small mullet and salmon in vic other than Tooradin, but if you want 5-10 cm baitfish you can go to most piers in vic and try and net them.

Good luck mate, let me know how it goes. :thumbsup:

Good Fishing :water:

Nuscani

crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Post by crumpet_avenger » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:56 pm

I used to get heaps of small mullet and baytrout in the powlett river near the bridge.
Mind you i havent been there for 12 months. Just a bit of bread under a float and the mullet go beserk

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:17 pm

Depending on where you are try some of the marinas around your way. If you're burleying, the target fish usually out compete the toadies. Try to fish further down the trail too. The toads will be usually much closer in.

Sandringham breakwall, St kilda etc hold mullet. Or the metro rivers are a good bet; Yarra and the nong for example

TheLoneTurtle

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:12 pm

Thanks for the replys i think im gonna give tooradin a go again ive heard that winter more salmon and mullet come around :) Also powlett river sounds good and same for the yarra river under the westgate bridge :)

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:31 pm

crumpet_avenger wrote:I used to get heaps of small mullet and baytrout in the powlett river near the bridge.
Mind you i havent been there for 12 months. Just a bit of bread under a float and the mullet go beserk
Likewisee but that was over 3 yrs ago

poppy62
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poppy62 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:05 pm

Was down on the powlett a few weeks ago with the boy and only thing that would have been caught was seaweed..tonnes of it.. Ended up back at Tooradin where he caught his "first fish"... A 100mm salmon..dont know who was happier....
Love the new fishing platforms :)

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:30 pm

poppy62 wrote:Was down on the powlett a few weeks ago with the boy and only thing that would have been caught was seaweed..tonnes of it.. Ended up back at Tooradin where he caught his "first fish"... A 100mm salmon..dont know who was happier....
Love the new fishing platforms :)
at least you had a crack

Return to “General”