Decky Referred

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
johnnycjay
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Decky Referred

Post by johnnycjay » Mon May 15, 2017 8:05 pm

No problem.

I'll get a boat eventually but we're building a house in Torquay so I am loathed to spend 5k on a boat that will leave me under gunned if I want to go light offshore fishing.

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:24 pm

ducky wrote:All I expect from a "decky" is to be easy going. Not talk utter sh*t all day long. Be able to fish and tie knots etc. essentially look after their own sh*t and not complain about "should have gone over there" and throw in roughly half of the cost of the trip or thirds if another comes. That can be in some bait or just cash or making lunch or whatever.

Eg a trip out chasing whiting near the ramp I don't expect $50 in fuel. But if that same person brought out a kilo of pippies and made a couple of sandwiches while I covered the ramp fee and the little juice we use I'd be happy. on the flip side if we went on a trip where I've driven someone 300kms and motored all day that's where I'd expect $50 or so as I'm spending $100-150 odd on the day.
well said

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Mon May 15, 2017 8:27 pm

dazz999 wrote:
ducky wrote:All I expect from a "decky" is to be easy going. Not talk utter sh*t all day long. Be able to fish and tie knots etc. essentially look after their own sh*t and not complain about "should have gone over there" and throw in roughly half of the cost of the trip or thirds if another comes. That can be in some bait or just cash or making lunch or whatever.

Eg a trip out chasing whiting near the ramp I don't expect $50 in fuel. But if that same person brought out a kilo of pippies and made a couple of sandwiches while I covered the ramp fee and the little juice we use I'd be happy. on the flip side if we went on a trip where I've driven someone 300kms and motored all day that's where I'd expect $50 or so as I'm spending $100-150 odd on the day.
well said

X10

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Mon May 15, 2017 8:45 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Frozenpod when he's free wich is inly 5 times a year if im lucky but a wealth of knowledge and experience, helps clean, pays his share and brings fresh bait.
Thanks mate many great times on the water. Ps you are a great deckie as well.

Queasy

Post by Queasy » Mon May 15, 2017 9:05 pm

ducky wrote: On a rec boat I wouldn't expect a decky to bait hooks etc. but I tell you what. If he can make a decent coffee I'm interested.
I'd be over the moon to learn a decent coffee could be made on a rec boat?!

P.S. Rixter was a good deckie but moved up north. Even garaged me boat.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Mon May 15, 2017 9:10 pm

ducky wrote:All I expect from a "decky" is to be easy going. Not talk utter sh*t all day long..
Thats alright, I just turn my hearing aids off and smile on occasions. :rofl: :banana: :super:

Bayrock
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Bayrock » Mon May 15, 2017 9:50 pm

Queasy wrote:
ducky wrote:
I'd be over the moon to learn a decent coffee could be made on a rec boat?!
Well I make a mean coffee too.. nothing beats a quality feed and a strong cup out on the water!

GTSHoon

Post by GTSHoon » Mon May 15, 2017 10:11 pm

ducky wrote:All I expect from a "decky" is not talk utter sh*t all day long. Be able to fish and tie knots etc.
And yet you took Doug out :tongue:
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Mon May 15, 2017 11:18 pm

Isn't that the norm? I've never been a 'decky' and i don't own a boat but i would expect this to be the done thing :)
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue May 16, 2017 7:21 am

GTSHoon wrote:
ducky wrote:All I expect from a "decky" is not talk utter sh*t all day long. Be able to fish and tie knots etc.
And yet you took Doug out :tongue:
he'd probably drink all the coffee too
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Return to “General”