Decky Referred

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Decky Referred

Post by smile0784 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:08 pm

Im still waiting for a deckie to bring a thick shake and hamburger for lunch lol

Any takers?

Queasy

Post by Queasy » Wed May 17, 2017 9:13 pm

Bayrock wrote: I use an aeropress, hot water in thermos and take milk sugar mugs. Preferred coffee is organic extra strength.
Easy to prep on a boat and just as good as any Melbourne coffee joint.
For food I usually do gourmet toasted sandwiches which I prep beforehand.
Well that's two recommendations for the aeropress so far, might just have to get one, for boating and hiking, cheers.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed May 17, 2017 9:14 pm

smile0784 wrote:Im still waiting for a deckie to bring a thick shake and hamburger for lunch lol

Any takers?
i think that can be accomodated via a drive through to mackers :-D :-D

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Wed May 17, 2017 9:16 pm

Bayrock wrote:purple I love lure fishing. Haven't done much of it off the boat but would like to try..
where are you locate dmate, happy to take you out sometime, i usually fish mornington, carrum and patto for some catah and release bream sometimes.

Bayrock
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Bayrock » Thu May 18, 2017 9:19 am

purple5ive wrote:
Bayrock wrote:purple I love lure fishing. Haven't done much of it off the boat but would like to try..
where are you locate dmate, happy to take you out sometime, i usually fish mornington, carrum and patto for some catah and release bream sometimes.
I'm near Hastings mate, due to work can mostly do only weekends but sometimes thursday afternoons, would be great to do some salt lure fishing, you just need to let me know what gear I'd need before so I can get it sorted

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Thu May 18, 2017 9:43 am

yeah thats all good then, i only fish weekends mainly too due to work.
gear wise a 2-4kg rod and a 2000/2500 reel is all you need. 8lb braid and leader and some 1/8th, 1/6 and 1/4oz jigheads in size 1 hooks and some plastics. (i have enough of plastics to help you along the first time around) this will cover PPB.
if you dont have any stuff, i can lend you an outfit for timebeing
cheers

MsShimano

Post by MsShimano » Mon May 22, 2017 7:52 am

I have been a deck hand only to a few people.. Not anyone on here unfortunately, but hopefully that changes! lol
I am always on time, if not earlier. Pay my way in fuel for both car and boat. Happy to bring drinks and make sandwiches for everyone on board
Always positive and smiley
I am still learning how to reverse a trailer but happy to park the trailer while you launch the boat. Happy to pay ramp fees.
I own my own boat since Jan this year so im not that experienced but i have been on many boats including fair bit of game fishing offshore.
I am still learning how to tie knots (allbright etc) but i am happy to learn if you are happy to teach.
Pretty easy going. Those are my selling points, guess you have to see for yourself! lol
Of course I talk to my self while fishing.. sometimes I need expert advice! :fishing:

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Mon May 22, 2017 12:12 pm

Queasy wrote:
Bayrock wrote: I use an aeropress, hot water in thermos and take milk sugar mugs. Preferred coffee is organic extra strength.
Easy to prep on a boat and just as good as any Melbourne coffee joint.
For food I usually do gourmet toasted sandwiches which I prep beforehand.
Well that's two recommendations for the aeropress so far, might just have to get one, for boating and hiking, cheers.
I saw them at ray's on the weekend for $49. Nearly got one there and then but I figured I must have had my wires crossed. Bloody cheap if they are as good as people are saying though.

Bayrock

Post by Bayrock » Mon May 22, 2017 12:30 pm

Sounds about the right price mate, good value and has saved me a few hundred so far not buying from the local barista

Bayrock

Post by Bayrock » Mon May 22, 2017 3:27 pm

purple5ive wrote:yeah thats all good then, i only fish weekends mainly too due to work.
gear wise a 2-4kg rod and a 2000/2500 reel is all you need. 8lb braid and leader and some 1/8th, 1/6 and 1/4oz jigheads in size 1 hooks and some plastics. (i have enough of plastics to help you along the first time around) this will cover PPB.
if you dont have any stuff, i can lend you an outfit for timebeing
cheers
Sounds good mate, PM me when you have a spot available

Return to “General”