Tenby Point

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
TheLoneTurtle

Tenby Point

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Mon May 15, 2017 8:28 am

I have been fishing stockyard recently and i was getting some good gummies but now nothing really happening. I think that in the near future i will head down to tenby point but i dont know if its has to be low tide (like stockyard point) or high tide like lang lang. If anyone has been down there recently can you please tell me how u went?
Cheers :thumbsup:

jasew3

Re: Tenby Point

Post by jasew3 » Mon May 15, 2017 9:39 am

Gday Mate. I have been reading a few of ur fishing trips to Lang Lang which were quite good. I have been to tenby point but never fished but I have been told to fish the high tide with thru to the run out tide and fish the left hand side of the cove. Will also pay to use sum berley aswell . I thinking of going to Lang Lang mid week to walk to stockyards point as I haven't been there yet to check it out. any tips would be appreciated.
Cheers Jase.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon May 15, 2017 10:06 am

you need high tide for tenby point otherwise you will be fishing in mud - like a lot of mud, no way you will even get to the water with a massive cast..
you need high tide for tenby and low tide for stockyard

TheLoneTurtle

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Mon May 15, 2017 4:53 pm

jasew3 wrote:Gday Mate. I have been reading a few of ur fishing trips to Lang Lang which were quite good. I have been to tenby point but never fished but I have been told to fish the high tide with thru to the run out tide and fish the left hand side of the cove. Will also pay to use sum berley aswell . I thinking of going to Lang Lang mid week to walk to stockyards point as I haven't been there yet to check it out. any tips would be appreciated.
Cheers Jase.
Cheers mate
So lang lang is best during march-may as its when the elephant fish come in and that makes it a great spot. But there are some nice gummys, snapper, jewfish etc still around. I would suggest using squid tentacle on a double snelled rig and sliding sinker would be good as well. Another good bait is fresh mullet and salmon (i dont think u can catch many sized salmon for bait) just fillet them and that is probably the best bait u can use around there. Also fish down on the beach not the wall the beach is to your right from the car park (dont go to far down the beach). High tide also. :thumbsup:
Hope this helps :)

TheLoneTurtle

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Mon May 15, 2017 5:00 pm

purple5ive wrote:you need high tide for tenby point otherwise you will be fishing in mud - like a lot of mud, no way you will even get to the water with a massive cast..
you need high tide for tenby and low tide for stockyard
Cheers mate :thumbsup:

TheLoneTurtle

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Tue May 16, 2017 9:09 pm

jasew3 wrote:Gday Mate. I have been reading a few of ur fishing trips to Lang Lang which were quite good. I have been to tenby point but never fished but I have been told to fish the high tide with thru to the run out tide and fish the left hand side of the cove. Will also pay to use sum berley aswell . I thinking of going to Lang Lang mid week to walk to stockyards point as I haven't been there yet to check it out. any tips would be appreciated.
Cheers Jase.
And no need for berley just get some cheap chicken pellets and tuna oil :D good luck :a_goodjob:

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Wed May 17, 2017 5:39 am

TheLoneTurtle wrote:
Cheers Jase.
And no need for berley just get some cheap chicken pellets and tuna oil :D good luck :a_goodjob:
chook pellets and tuna oil is burley isn't it?
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Wed May 17, 2017 5:41 am

4liters wrote:
TheLoneTurtle wrote:
Cheers Jase.
I'd call it berley..

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Wed May 17, 2017 5:53 am

CarlG wrote:
4liters wrote:
TheLoneTurtle wrote:
Cheers Jase.
I'd call it berley..
having heard your version of 'english' i'm not surprised
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Wed May 17, 2017 6:00 am

4liters wrote:
CarlG wrote:
4liters wrote:
TheLoneTurtle wrote:
Cheers Jase.
I'd call it berley..
having heard your version of 'english' i'm not surprised
lol..sorry Goony, small keyboard, and a cataract in my left eye are not a great mix..burley it is...

Return to “General”