Legal question

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Re: Legal question

Post by cobby » Thu May 25, 2017 9:27 pm

Basically you're **** outta luck if it happened with nothing really at all to come back with. That said, it's unwritten courtesy to avoid lines as best as possible without disrupting the land based guy.

With cray/other pots and their bouys, they're as vertical as they can be. Pros always have a trailing bouy and at worst you give that a 10m wide berth. A balloon wouldn't register as a fishing tool, hell I've seen boats go flat stick over cray bouys quite a few are that stupid

Blueyed1
Has liked: 5 times

Re: Legal question

Post by Blueyed1 » Thu May 25, 2017 11:59 pm

smile0784 wrote:From a boaties petspective.
Well i got line around the prop once and it broke the seal to transmission so cost me $580 to clean out and fix. Now im so careful but when traveling 20+ knot you can see line till you go over it.
OUCH!!! That hurts and you have no comeback really. There may be some legalities but how do you apply them? It would be too difficult to get coin back from the land based fisho. You could probably have made an inurance claim but that may f#%$ up your premium. Just stear away from lines.

Joe

Return to “General”