Volvo Penta

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Mallee

Volvo Penta

Post by Mallee » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:17 pm

I had a Volvo Penta AQ130C with a Chrysler 250 leg in my boat they are like 1975-8 era. I was having trouble with motor so decided to pull it down to find blown head gasket I got a new gasket set from states as couldn't find one here. Thought I'd get head done up but guy wouldn't touch it plus quoted around $800 if we could find valves plus when I checked it later found it was cracked hence all my problems! So was looking at a 350 Chevy motor to go with my leg as I was told by and old guy in my local area that they use to fit them to that leg. Since the leg is as old as motor thought it be best to replace leg as well as motor. So went to Volvo Penta in Seaford and got onto a second hand package of 200hp motor and leg that's only done 200hrs and has been serviced regularly plus 12 month warranty the owner is getting an upgrade as this motor was too small for his boat. I have taken motor and leg out of my boat and waiting for a time slot to get the new one put in.
So I have old ancient Volvo Penta AQ130C and Chrysler 250 leg parts available if anyone is looking for them as I know some are hard to come by. Plus I have some brand new bits that I'm not going to use.
Just waiting till mine is ready then I can enjoy my fishing again!

Return to “General”