Lure Fishing Newbie!!

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Lure Fishing Newbie!!

Post by purple5ive » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:57 pm

Broomstick wrote:Most of my fishing is for bream using extremely light gear. The decoy 00's aren't much bigger in profile than a split ring, and are a fair bit lighter than most split rings. I reckon you'd be crazy not to use a clip - they make life SO much easier. In a day's fishing I might go through 20 lures and it's much easier to just clip on a new one. And I don't have to worry about my leader shortening with each lure change.
do you use a clip when using plastics as well pat?
genrally for me hardbodys get a clip, plastics i tie straight to the jighead with a blood knot

Broomstick
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Broomstick » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:50 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Broomstick wrote:Most of my fishing is for bream using extremely light gear. The decoy 00's aren't much bigger in profile than a split ring, and are a fair bit lighter than most split rings. I reckon you'd be crazy not to use a clip - they make life SO much easier. In a day's fishing I might go through 20 lures and it's much easier to just clip on a new one. And I don't have to worry about my leader shortening with each lure change.
genrally for me hardbodys get a clip, plastics i tie straight to the jighead with a blood knot
I actually don't really use them much, I feel more confident using hards. But when I do I just use a clip so I don't have to re-tie when I inevitably switch back to a hard. I reckon a blood knot straight to the jig head would be the way to go though.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:03 pm

yep, i have used plastics with a clip when ive been lazy, they still catch flathead and pinkies loll.

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:07 pm

Broomstick wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
I actually don't really use them much, I feel more confident using hards. But when I do I just use a clip so I don't have to re-tie when I inevitably switch back to a hard. I reckon a blood knot straight to the jig head would be the way to go though.
I use clips virtually 100% of the time and am confident to say it doesn't effect my catch rate.
00 decoys on bream
0 decoys on bass
Studio mark ocean snaps for heavier
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:38 pm

Stumpjumper wrote:HeHe.....that's the beauty of soft plastics mate. Gets you in the game for very little cost, and you don't cry when you lose a couple of Jackalls.
Stumpy your not wrong about plastics but those Jackalls are bloody good matter of fact I best get some more micro pompadour's .

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Stumpjumper » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:58 pm

Yes mate, I wish the Jackalls were a crap lure.......then I wouldn't feel obliged to buy them lol.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:36 pm

With lures that i dont want to impact the natural swim of i tie a.sinker loop / dropper knot on the end on my line and just loop on the lure

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:21 am

Stumpjumper wrote:Yes mate, I wish the Jackalls were a crap lure.......then I wouldn't feel obliged to buy them lol.
That’s the problem they are very good.

Return to “General”