Organizing a fishing holiday... sort of

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Re: Organizing a fishing holiday... sort of

Post by Kimtown » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:30 pm

rb85 wrote:Believe in Vanuatu and Fiji on a lot of charters the catch goes to the local villagers. If you want to keep any fish it’s extra.

What about NW WA
That doesn't bother me about keeping the fish.

Nah we would prefer something out of Australia

Bayrock
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Bayrock » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:49 pm

November should be pretty good for Vanuatu, I was there in July it was windy as and many of the game fish species had shut down, the tuna fishing was excellent but GT's were scarce.
The hotter months are supposedly better for variety.

stesslmatt

Post by stesslmatt » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:10 pm

Last year (August)took the family to Bounty Isalnd in Fiji....Cheap and a step or two above backpacker level but basic, clean and cheap. No retsurnats no kids club, food incldued in accomodation deal. Fished out of the Kyaks for GT's 300m off beach, took the spear gun (which I left with the locals) and got some torut. Snkorling good. You cna organise charters to pick up form the island etc but we just did handline form a small tinny and as I ahd lures we dragged them round the island but no joy. Family trip in two buras wiht food dronks etc for a week a bit over $5k plus airfares
BUT then in october Bergy turned up on my door and took me and my son to Vanuatu on Ocena Blue....WOW. Fishing was hard as it blew its head off but great place, got sails, doggies (sort of), GT, Yellowfin and sharks, sharks and more sharks. I will do vanuatu again but not as cheap as Fiji. Get away from port villa and save some money. Wicked scenary etc and the water is soooooo good

Hope you enjoy wherever you go

adamk

Post by adamk » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:43 pm

yepi'mon wrote:New Zealand is pretty amazing and the fishing is supposedly of the chart!
this i'd have to agree with the pictures of the kings an snapper on my freinds profile if my wife could leave the country i would have already been over there. the immigration wait fml

Return to “General”