Sunglasses

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Sunglasses

Post by raco09 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:50 am

Hi all. I’m looking at getting some new sunnies for everyday use but also when hitting the water for a fish. Mainly salt water. I need them to be prescription. What are fellow fishos wearing these days. Cheers

KeenAds
Has liked: 23 times

Re: Sunglasses

Post by KeenAds » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:16 pm

If you need them prisciption I would go down to specsavers and buy a pair of the sunglasses in the frame you like and get them to polarize them for you. Think they have a deal on at the moment. I have a pair I bought about 4 months ago from them and they are just as good as my old pair of makos.

skouta

Post by skouta » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:03 pm

Grey Polarising Lenses for the bay...
"I only caught one - the rest surrendered"

skifalls
Has liked: 1 time

Post by skifalls » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:12 pm

Don’t forget if you have private health prescription sunglasses are sometimes included, this extends to sunglasses

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:40 pm

I got mine from Spec savers on a buy one get one free type of deal. They work pretty well. I've never used any high end brand like spotter, tonic etc so I don't know how they compare to the prescription ones but they've certainly been a huge improvement over just regular glasses
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:15 am

Was after something abit better than specsaver glasses. Thanks for the info though

IFISHALOT
Has liked: 38 times

Post by IFISHALOT » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:21 am

raco09 wrote:Was after something abit better than specsaver glasses. Thanks for the info though

Hi Mate,
You will find both Tonic and Spotters will do Prescription Lens.
Both are located in Melbourne.
Firstly I'd contact Doug at Tonic tell him what you are after and he will point you in the right direction.
Associated with Strike Pro, Jigstar, Daiichi, Lumica, Mapso, Bushranger Lures, Eureka Lures, Senshi, Sax Scent, TiCA, Victory Knives, Tonic Sunglasses & McLaughlin's Bait[url]http://www.jurofishing.com

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:43 am

im also looking at some new sunnies eventually, im also in the same boat as you and need prescription ones.

i currently have specsavers polarised prespcription ones and ive been toying with the idea of FITOVERS. and buy a really small sized frameless or framed glasses (from the cheapest range which are like 50 bucks or so) to wear under them.
that way the glasses can change with prescription and the sunnies still stay the same.

atm ive got prescription sunnies that are different to my current precription because i cbf updating my sunnies to suit plus they arent cheap to do so.
if your prescription changes every year then a custom one from spotters will be a waste of money.
although in saying that the glass lenses from spotters and the likes will be a lot better than specsavers plastic ones.

let me know if you got any other smarter ideas :-D

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:08 pm

Get polarized transition lenses. End of discussion.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:38 pm

Fish-cador wrote:Get polarized transition lenses. End of discussion.
no such thing exists as of my last time of enquiry.
in saying that though, i did see one of the bigger brands just release something likewise.

Return to “General”