Forum for asking Fishing Questions

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
cantcatchem

Re: Forum for asking Fishing Questions

Post by cantcatchem » Wed May 23, 2018 1:08 pm

Elly27 wrote:
cantcatchem wrote:
Elly27 wrote:Really appreciate the advice everyone, sorry but I am not trolling. I was honestly asking as the fishing book calls it "Yellow Eyed Mullet"

I will stop asking questions here if it is just angering people, it is just hard to ask tackle stores as I like getting to the spots early to familiarise myself. I will try the burley and rigging which you have mentioned
No need to stop asking questions, but maybe give us a bit more info as to where you want fish and if you are using lures or bait, you know that kind of thing. The yarra and the marybrnong are full of mullet and easy to catch on small of pieces of worms or bread or pipi, most piers have mullet hanging around them, just burley up close to the pier and you will get some, lots of options and they make great Gummy and Mulloway bait also

I mentioned Balcombe Creek Beach and was going to try Chicken. I will try the patternoster rig with long shanks and a light sinker
You should do ok there with chicken and maybe little bits of pipi and don't forget to burley, I have caught them at Rye pier without a problem under a float at high tide, or even dromana and rosebud pier

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Wed May 23, 2018 1:43 pm

Brett wrote:
smile0784 wrote:Maybe justt do some research on google and after you tried all the options on there ask for advice on here

So what's this place for? To dribble sh1t like you and LX do all day everyday ffs :down:

The guy is on a fishing forum, he wants to ask fishing questions, it's not unreasonable to expect some advice from other members on how to go about it.
Lol Telling it like it is

one2three

Post by one2three » Wed May 23, 2018 2:06 pm

Elly27 wrote:I will be asking questions every now and then on this forum to help me along the way as I go through my list of fish to catch!

My next one is Yellow Eyed Mullet, any advice?

I am thinking of using Chicken as bait, I will be trying Balcome Creek Beach
I want to see if you can get this thread over 100 pages
Jack of all trades, Master of none

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Wed May 23, 2018 2:25 pm

Elly from where you live in the northern suburbs the maribyrnong river is the closest place you can catch mullet, I've caught them there before, use the suggestions made on earlier posts, burley is the key to bringing them around, you will also catch bream and trevelly as a by catch in that river.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Wed May 23, 2018 2:31 pm

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Wed May 23, 2018 2:38 pm

Brett wrote:
smile0784 wrote:Maybe justt do some research on google and after you tried all the options on there ask for advice on here

So what's this place for? To dribble sh1t like you and LX do all day everyday ffs :down:

The guy is on a fishing forum, he wants to ask fishing questions, it's not unreasonable to expect some advice from other members on how to go about it.
Attachments
unnamed (1).jpg

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Wed May 23, 2018 3:23 pm

Elly27 wrote:Really appreciate the advice everyone, sorry but I am not trolling. I was honestly asking as the fishing book calls it "Yellow Eyed Mullet"

I will stop asking questions here if it is just angering people, it is just hard to ask tackle stores as I like getting to the spots early to familiarise myself. I will try the burley and rigging which you have mentioned
The main way to get an answer to a question, is to ask
Not all responses wil be helpful. Not all unhelpful answers are bad & some, quite funny
Mate I'm 64 (next Friday, cash accepted) & I still ask stupid questions
So ask away, without fear, moderators will step in if things get out of hand
Cheers Gra

Elly27
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Elly27 » Wed May 23, 2018 3:49 pm

Texas wrote:

The main way to get an answer to a question, is to ask
Not all responses wil be helpful. Not all unhelpful answers are bad & some, quite funny
Mate I'm 64 (next Friday, cash accepted) & I still ask stupid questions
So ask away, without fear, moderators will step in if things get out of hand
Cheers Gra
Appreciate the support Texas

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Wed May 23, 2018 4:13 pm

Brett wrote:

Oh lawd :rofl:

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Wed May 23, 2018 4:19 pm

Mullet respond very well, to the stimulate burley and there is a paste you can put on your hook.

Return to “General”