New car time

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Re: New car time

Post by blacklab99 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:14 pm

Well, to close off this non fishing thread....
Picked up new car this morning, took her for a good run and her "to big" fears were allayed , thank god.
After handing over the coin for the new car, I got them to have a look at our old one, hoping they would offer something half decent to save me the hassle,
They checked it out, came over to us and said, all we can offer is $2500.......couldn't shake his hand quick enough !
After the last crowd, having the same new car for 3k more and offering us $500 for the trade in, its a win win.......
Geez I'm glad that's over and done with, was a nightmare excercise with all else going on....

Col

sturgeon
Has liked: 14 times

Post by sturgeon » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:34 pm

Congrats on the new car. Glad you got a good deal. We recently went through that. Basically the rule is shop around and don't believe the bull that the dealers tell you about having to close the deal by today bec they don't know when EOFY deals are ending blah blah blah. Have to take everything they say with some salt. However, we did meet a couple of straight talking guys - one was franchise owner and the other was floor manager that did not pressure us and gave us best price straight up respectively.

A few other points : should never pay sticker. They easily take 1k from sticker. 2k is possible too. Also if you don't mind buying after market, it's prob better to buy with less accessories bec they make on the accessories too. Do some research and decide if you could pay significantly less by buying later on some items eg. Roof racks etc. For tow bar I suppose if you want original you need to go with the dealer.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:01 pm

Congratulations on the new car mate.
Glad they offered a good price for your old car. Nice :thumbsup:

baitworms

Post by baitworms » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:22 pm

to those that contacted Shannon at BMG 257 Princes Hwy Hallam.
Be assured that there's not kickback, what you buy is yours with nothing to do with me.
EOYS come once in a year, sniff out a deal, push your case.
I'm 70K away and we don't talk often BUT! if you want a car all I say is talk to him.
Somebody called him about a 300c Chrysler, all I can say is IF you quote jobs in that beast, It's a Tax claim.
But not for chasing pussy. you dog you.
BMG have dealerships and 6 yards, check out their web site.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:38 pm

Well done on the new buy

Enjoy

Return to “General”