Landbased Game Fishing Victoria

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Re: Landbased Game Fishing Victoria

Post by DougieK » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:24 pm

CarlG wrote:Read tons of reports.
Get on Google earth, and inspect every bit of coastline. Use a suitable app to check out water depths.
The rest is just putting in hours, and hours, and hours of time with a bait or lure in the water.
You have a look at Dougie's reports, then multiply those times by about ten to work out how many times he's actually put in to work out some of these spots. It's a mountain of work, so while not trying to sound offensive, you'll struggle to get any specific info.
I'll give you an example, one spot took us a year and a half to work out, that was a lot of frustrating fishing time, with a pretty long walk in and out, so if anyone thinks we're giving away info on that, they're dreaming.
I like to think of these as examples of what not to do.

Also, don't give up because you don't catch anything the first time you go somewhere. Some of the really successful trips we've had and some of the tactics we've figured out come from failing at a bunch of different things and going 'f.ck it, i'll flick a squid jig / slug / plastic' etc. try different techniques in different places in different conditions. You'll get a heap of advice telling you 'that's impossible' and it really really isn't, you just have to want it bad enough.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Return to “General”