Let's remove the post count numbers

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
canned_tuna
Has liked: 15 times

Re: Let's remove the post count numbers

Post by canned_tuna » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:19 am

ducky wrote:I’m going to spell it out because this thread has become a ******* joke.

Smile. Every single time you get the urge to respond to a thread. Don’t. Your posts are generally text based white noise. If you cut your posting down to 1/10th of what you currently do people would potentially stop groaning when they see your name in threads.

Lightning. Your posts are generally of slightly higher quality than smiles. That is not a compliment. You should cut down on the 1-5 word responses in threads because they don’t add anything most of the time.

Every decent thread for the last year has become a ******* disgrace past the first page or so. Both of you need to keep sh*t to the topic being discussed. This is the main damage being caused to the forum. Good threads being derailed time after time.
Bravo, lets hope this puts an end to this topic (somehow I doubt thats going to be the case)

Josho

Post by Josho » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:50 am

Petty ****.

cantcatchem

Post by cantcatchem » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:40 pm

canned_tuna wrote:
ducky wrote:I’m going to spell it out because this thread has become a ******* joke.

Smile. Every single time you get the urge to respond to a thread. Don’t. Your posts are generally text based white noise. If you cut your posting down to 1/10th of what you currently do people would potentially stop groaning when they see your name in threads.

Lightning. Your posts are generally of slightly higher quality than smiles. That is not a compliment. You should cut down on the 1-5 word responses in threads because they don’t add anything most of the time.

Every decent thread for the last year has become a ******* disgrace past the first page or so. Both of you need to keep sh*t to the topic being discussed. This is the main damage being caused to the forum. Good threads being derailed time after time.
Bravo, lets hope this puts an end to this topic (somehow I doubt thats going to be the case)
Finally, someone making sense, in other words, LighningX and smile, stop ******* pissing in everyone's pocket

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:33 pm

x10

Aaron75
Has liked: 68 times

Post by Aaron75 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:15 pm

Several quality posters have stopped posting here over the last year, and I've pretty much lost interest in this forum myself, because of the endless trash poured onto the forum by two members. Every time somebody posts something interesting, relevant or worthwhile, it gets buried under pages and pages of crap, people posting meaningless and unnecessary one-line comments in an obvious attempt to outpost everyone else. It makes an interesting forum turn boring and mundane really quick, and everybody knows which two members are responsible for it.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:02 pm

While were at it..
Would be great if the other members also showed some interest in actually posting reports of their outings rather than just coming here for info.

So many thousand members here but only a handful that actually take the time to put up a report.
It's very disappointing tbh...

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:13 pm

purple5ive wrote:While were at it..
Would be great if the other members also showed some interest in actually posting reports of their outings rather than just coming here for info.

So many thousand members here but only a handful that actually take the time to put up a report.
no more bream reports please... :rofl:

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:22 pm

X2.
Another point.
people who post f-all of time and contributed very little and then occasionally come on here just to criticize others is poor form....

If more people were posting topics and contributing place would be better off

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:23 pm

bowl wrote:

X2.
Another point.
people who post f-all of time and contributed very little and then occasionally come on here just to criticize others is poor form....

If more people were posting topics and contributing place would be better off
Lighten up ,winter is almost over....

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Post by greggo » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:03 pm

Well said.

I wont post a fishing report; I did years ago, on here and other forums and learnt a lesson in keeping spots secret.

A lot of my fishing is local with many years of persistence, patience and hard-yards gone into working out how and where to fish locally. Once a spot gets reported to produce, it's not long before it's smashed and no longer any good. Then there's the the secret creeks and rivers in Vic that I fish, holding small populations of quality Bass, EP, Cod etc.. There's no way I would even contemplate making those public knowledge.

I once reported on another forum about a successful, local Bream session using a new type of lure. The following Saturday there were at least ten people at my spot using the same lure, whereas previously I had had this spot to myself and a couple of mates. This spot was fishless after two weeks, needless to say I wasn't too popular with my mates.

The report's usually followed by the endless PM's asking "how do you do this and that" from members who contribute nothing, then crack it with me because I dont hand-feed them hard earned details (though I do share info with some members who are also putting in their own hard-yards).

I will only post now to offer some advice or commend someone on their post; you wont see me posting any reports.

Return to “General”