how many rods landbased fishing

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

how many rods landbased fishing

Post by dazz999 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:09 pm

its now getting in to silly season how many rods per person do you think landbased at a pier myself i think two is plenty for example brighton pier two people are allowed eight rods and space them out at aprox 10ft apart where they put there wood chocks in thats a fair bit of pier taken im all good only take the one rod and do okay but what about the mum/dad who wants to take their kids out when they have a good chance to catch a fishj

Al03

Re: how many rods landbased fishing

Post by Al03 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:35 pm

I run maximum two. I hate pier fishing for this very reason. Not to mention when people turn up quite often they camp right next to you and how many times do they cast their line right over yours.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:36 pm

Always 2 for me when I go lb :)

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:39 pm

dazz999 wrote:its now getting in to silly season how many rods per person do you think landbased at a pier myself i think two is plenty for example brighton pier two people are allowed eight rods and space them out at aprox 10ft apart where they put there wood chocks in thats a fair bit of pier taken im all good only take the one rod and do okay but what about the mum/dad who wants to take their kids out when they have a good chance to catch a fishj
Just cast in between them . Wood chocks??
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Nightwish

Post by Nightwish » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:40 pm

2 is plenty

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:41 pm

Yea it makes it hard when they use 50,0000 rods and space them all apart :rofl:

Nightwish

Post by Nightwish » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:45 pm

bowl wrote:
dazz999 wrote:its now getting in to silly season how many rods per person do you think landbased at a pier myself i think two is plenty for example brighton pier two people are allowed eight rods and space them out at aprox 10ft apart where they put there wood chocks in thats a fair bit of pier taken im all good only take the one rod and do okay but what about the mum/dad who wants to take their kids out when they have a good chance to catch a fishj
so when they put their wood chocks in are they saying they don't want you fishing between their wood chocks? probably a stupid question.

KeenAds
Has liked: 23 times

Post by KeenAds » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:46 pm

Two is plenty. I personally usually only have one rod as I use plastics or artificial jigs.

Go down queenscliff pier at this time of the year there are guys with about 8 rods each and take up half the pier and have no respect for the law whatsoever.

dazz999

Post by dazz999 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:48 pm

Nightwish wrote:
bowl wrote:
so when they put their wood chocks in are they saying they don't want you fishing between their wood chocks? probably a stupid question.
yep

dazz999

Post by dazz999 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:02 pm

bowl wrote:
all good for me buddy but what about the dad/mum that takes their kids down for a bit of fun to maybe catch a fish with out any dickheads guarding space so two rods when regulated would help the average/fisherman and there kids get outdoors and catch a something to take home to clean and cook

Return to “General”