What's happened to the great post abt the boat ramp rules?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Re: What's happened to the great post abt the boat ramp rules?

Post by Kimtown » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:16 pm

davek wrote:
Kimtown wrote:What in the ****

First of all I took mattblacks post as 10000% sarcasm. How no one else could see this is beyond me.

Secondly, I wasn't laughing at cancer. My OWN grandfather died of it, as well as plenty of my family. Cancer itself isn't funny. But the joke Ducky made was humorous.. because this thread actually IS cancer and just became more cancer...

Seriously guys, bunch of SJW's here... purple5 you're an absolute joke. If you don't understand the context of a post (which clearly you don't because you couldn't even see mattblack was being sarcastic) then you should just stop posting full stop. Same goes for you davek and Dennis barden. Way to overreact. Moderators especially should know better imo.

I am massively sorry if you misinterpreted my posts but no, I would never make fun of something as serious as that and I am positive Ducky and Mattblack didn't either.
Kimtown you and Mattblack may be able to interpret the banter between you two but others can read it differently. You may call the cancer comment sarcasm but I call it bad taste. I'm hear to try and keep the peace while being called out for not doing one thing or over doing another. The mods are not here to be ridiculed, we are simply trying to do what we can to keep the forum running smoothly, some members are making that hard. Enough already, cheers davo
That's fair enough and I have no problem with that... But maybe next time instead of adding fuel to the fire, perhaps you should consider just deleting anything that you or anyone else could potentially find distasteful?
No harm was intended but everyone seemed to take it that way mate

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:19 pm

purple5ive wrote:Saying you got cancer from a post. Regardless of what the situation it is said in is really bad taste.
It almost belittles people who suffer from the damn thing.
Making a mockery of that post again is even worse.

Please have some respect and keep the cancer and sh*t like that out of jokes. People can easily misinterpret things on the internet.
Photoshop and other stuff yes. But grownups should know better than to just throw the cancer word around like a joke..
Biggest SJW I've ever met

Get a grip you goon. The world isn't out to get you, believe it or not.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:22 pm

Kimtown wrote:What in the ****

First of all I took mattblacks post as 10000% sarcasm. How no one else could see this is beyond me.

Secondly, I wasn't laughing at cancer. My OWN grandfather died of it, as well as plenty of my family. Cancer itself isn't funny. But the joke Ducky made was humorous.. because this thread actually IS cancer and just became more cancer...

Seriously guys, bunch of SJW's here... purple5 you're an absolute joke. If you don't understand the context of a post (which clearly you don't because you couldn't even see mattblack was being sarcastic) then you should just stop posting full stop. Same goes for you davek and Dennis barden. Way to overreact. Moderators especially should know better imo.

I am massively sorry if you misinterpreted my posts but no, I would never make fun of something as serious as that and I am positive Ducky and Mattblack didn't either.

Let me dumb it down for you fuckface..
Just because every one else seen it as a joke doesnt mean I should ..
Not everyone interprets it the same. Enough said...
I will take offence to anything like that as it's not cool man. Not cool at all.. nobody should be using the term cancer as a joke nobody!!!!

I.hope you donut tommorow man. I really do.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:27 pm

Seriously mattblack was having a crack at the cancer joke I had in my post. He wasn’t having a laugh at the expense of sufferers of cancer..... is this honestly the state of the place at the moment?

Lighten up people.
Last edited by ducky on Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:28 pm

Kimtown wrote:
purple5ive wrote:Saying you got cancer from a post. Regardless of what the situation it is said in is really bad taste.
It almost belittles people who suffer from the damn thing.
Making a mockery of that post again is even worse.

Please have some respect and keep the cancer and sh*t like that out of jokes. People can easily misinterpret things on the internet.
Photoshop and other stuff yes. But grownups should know better than to just throw the cancer word around like a joke..
Biggest SJW I've ever met

Get a grip you goon. The world isn't out to get you, believe it or not.

***** pleaseeeee!!!!
Why dont you worry about catching a fish rather than worry about what's going to happen to me.
You Cant even ******* catch a fish on a charter in tropical Fiji. Man even a baby would out fish you there.
I cant take anything you say seriously with your track record :rofl:

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:36 pm

16 Pages and nobody has cast into the carpark yet. Poor form FV.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:48 pm

Lost a few close family members to cancer, lost a few mates as well...think the sarcasm was lost on a few people here.
On a positive note...sometimes laughter is the best medicine & hope it reminds you all to donate when you can!
*note to Ducky..sorry man, that was just a passive aggressive way of saying pull up without putting a wet blanket on the thread.
*note to admin/Dave...apologies, should have considered this forum has a wide demographic and people interpret things differently.
Last edited by Mattblack on Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Post by blacklab99 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:50 pm

For **** SAKE, ENOUGH ALL READY !
Drop the Fricken bone guys !!!!!!!!

plenty of fishing stuff to talk about surely ?????

Col

cantcatchem

Post by cantcatchem » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:54 pm

Where's wolly, he normally closes this sort of **** down, it's getting boring

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:36 pm

After reading through this thread it should remain you can't take back the past but there really are more important things in life than arguing over nothing ffs :down: I hope everyone has a great weekend whether fishing or not :water:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Return to “General”