Tell me a crazy fishing story.

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Brownie

Re: Tell me a crazy fishing story.

Post by Brownie » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:39 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Brownie wrote:Once I went trout fishing and didn't see a fish all day. Fished for about 6 hours. I was using black crickets under a float. So I decide to call it quits as it was getting hot. Pack my gear up and threw the remaing two crickets into the river. Within seconds a big trout, about 5 lb, comes up and explodes on the surface and snaffles them both. :(
Heard similar thing about snapper at Mornington peir..
Where the person threw there bait in at end of the time there when they had to leave and watched a.big snapper come up and eat it.
:-D It was a very deflating moment that was.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:55 pm

Kenle wrote:Years ago I was fishing under the Westgate bridge. There was an old guy there who was also fishing, I threw my line in and within minutes I pulled up a mullet, the man says " mate your amazing, just got here and got a fish. I've been fishing here all morning and havnt even had a nibble, in fact I've been fishing for 40 years and have not once had a nibble" I just thought he was bit exaggerating, then he wound up his line to check and I noticed he had a double drop rig with no hooks on, he wounds up the next rod and similar with no hooks on. He stares at it for 2 minutes then cast both his lines in still with no hooks, after witnessing this I quietly packed up and slowly crept back to the car sped home and hide under my blanket. Bloody unreal :o_0:
Lol dementia must be setting in early lol

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:56 pm

Marty.A wrote:Years ago on charter with work mates one guy in the group just could not catch a thing. The skipper feeling sorry for him pulled out a frozen salmon from the freezer and put it on his line while the guy was taking a leak at the front of the boat. Sure enough we told him he had a bite so he proceeded to pull up his line and feeling some weight he was over the moon. Once he got the salmon on board which was still 3/4 frozen with a big smile on his face said what a ripper fish but f@ck it must be cold down there. We went silent for a minute then procededed to pi$$ ourselves laughing.
Lol classic

piscateur
Has liked: 63 times

Post by piscateur » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:24 am

JasonAsianfishing wrote:I'm trying to gather data about fishing and thought story. I m not a troll. I think it fun to share about fishing experience.
All of a sudden his English isn't fake Asian.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:20 am

Interesting...

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:00 am

Very

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:28 am

What if this profile is actually the secret second coming of truedogz :rofl:
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:06 pm

smokin_reels wrote:What if this profile is actually the secret second coming of truedogz :rofl:

Nah .. the chance that is the case is as rare as a rocking horse sh*t !!!

Trudedogz is a much more articulated man and have even much more integrity than to stoop this low to stir up the pot with everyone on here.

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:22 pm

VooDoo wrote:
smokin_reels wrote:What if this profile is actually the secret second coming of truedogz :rofl:

Nah .. the chance that is the case is as rare as a rocking horse sh*t !!!

Trudedogz is a much more articulated man and have even much more integrity than to stoop this low to stir up the pot with everyone on here.

Geez.
Meant that as a joke mate.
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

Jay375

Post by Jay375 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:26 pm

Some bloke came on here and asked if I could tell him my favourite fishing spots. And said it was selfish that I didn't draw him a map and give him GPS coordinates. CRAZYYYYY

Return to “General”