Jet ski in search of some nice fish

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Jimbo46

Jet ski in search of some nice fish

Post by Jimbo46 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:51 pm

Went out to barwon heads on Saturday with my friends jet ski, gpr 1300 and i departed from the sheep wash boat ramp at 630am it wasn't cold but the wasn't that flat either, I crossed the bar and dropped of a big swell I was doing about 20ks, I felt like I was in the air for 3 seconds! I lost my 300 dollar spotters in first five minutes... wasn't happy but wasn't detered went out 5.2 ks and fished with pilchard and silver Whiting until 130 PM all I caught was 1 makrel about 28cm and 2 wrass, I also lost a second rod I had with me it was an ugly stick with an ambasador reel... it wasn't my best day but I was sure it was going to be worth it for at least 1 big fish! But it never came, I was pretty disappointed as Ive been wanted to do that trip for the last 12 months. I'm keen and push the limit but can't seem to get a break! I guess that's fishing but i thought i would at least be able to get a couple big sea flathead but it didn't happen, ahwell just thought ide share that story, I'm thinking of mud island next trip we'll see...

Jimbo46

Barwon heads

Post by Jimbo46 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:55 pm

Jimbo46 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:51 pm
Went out to barwon heads on Saturday with my friends jet ski, gpr 1300 and i departed from the sheep wash boat ramp at 630am it wasn't cold but the wasn't that flat either, I crossed the bar and dropped of a big swell I was doing about 20ks, I felt like I was in the air for 3 seconds! I lost my 300 dollar spotters in first five minutes... wasn't happy but wasn't detered went out 5.2 ks and fished with pilchard and silver Whiting until 130 PM all I caught was 1 makrel about 28cm and 2 wrass, I also lost a second rod I had with me it was an ugly stick with an ambasador reel... it wasn't my best day but I was sure it was going to be worth it for at least 1 big fish! But it never came, I was pretty disappointed as Ive been wanted to do that trip for the last 12 months. I'm keen and push the limit but can't seem to get a break! I guess that's fishing but i thought i would at least be able to get a couple big sea flathead but it didn't happen, ahwell just thought ide share that story, I'm thinking of mud island next trip we'll see...
:water:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Jet ski in search of some nice fish

Post by smile0784 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:50 pm

Expensive trip out
Bad luck mate

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:54 pm

Dam that is an expensive trip alright!
Wasn’t your day mate. Hope you have some more luck on your next trip.
Cheers.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:00 pm

Theres pushing the limits and theres stupidity not knowing how to secure items and handle a vessel in swell is the latter.

Return to “General”