Bemm River

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
ben475
Has liked: 161 times

Re: Bemm River

Post by ben475 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:43 am

skronkman wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:39 am
I did it in a 4.2m tinny easily. I'm sure something bigger would be fine with all the water in there now.
im in a 475 quintrex bowrider, doesn't draw much water for a boat of its size, its not really a small boat though. ill see how we go, I spose it would take a bit of time to get there just putting along slowly. any fish over in swan lake?

ben475

Post by ben475 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:14 pm

Blue wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:32 pm
Ben 475, See Mark at the store,he has Lakes Entrance prawns and they are a real good size.
Peel the body, leave the head on, thread a Shiner style hook from the tail up into the body with barb out thru the belly, a hitch or to around the tail and you have the perfect bait to float down or use the tiniest of sinkers.
Try to be fishing the edges at first light, fish guaranteed.
During the day,try drifting across the flats up near the Entrance ,there are drop offs there and anything can jump on.
These things worked over the recent long weekend, check out the big goanna that hangs around the storm hut near channell entrance, he loves a free feed of snags.
Good luck, it doesn,t get much better than The Bemm.
Blue
thanks for the tips!

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:05 pm

ben475 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:43 am
skronkman wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:39 am
I did it in a 4.2m tinny easily. I'm sure something bigger would be fine with all the water in there now.
im in a 475 quintrex bowrider, doesn't draw much water for a boat of its size, its not really a small boat though. ill see how we go, I spose it would take a bit of time to get there just putting along slowly. any fish over in swan lake?
Not that long but just go slow and enjoy the surroundings. Keep a memory of your surroundings or leave a track on your gps so you can find your way back out. I’m sure there are fish up there but I didn’t get into any. it looks very perchy along the banks near the reeds and under the trees. Plenty of snags. Surely be some big flatties I’d reckon too but yet to be proven.

ben475

Post by ben475 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:57 pm

Return to “General”