Seasickness ideas and discussion

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Seasickness ideas and discussion

Post by smile0784 » Tue May 07, 2019 1:02 pm

No milk or grog helps

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Tue May 07, 2019 1:02 pm

I use to get major sea sick then have a nap and then be right

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Tue May 07, 2019 1:08 pm

I went once in the morning and skipped breakfast, no dairy or alcohol and I still threw up. Travelcalm original is good, but makes me asleep.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Tue May 07, 2019 2:35 pm

I still get sea sick on and off depending how tired I am and how i feel

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Tue May 07, 2019 2:50 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 1:08 pm
I went once in the morning and skipped breakfast, no dairy or alcohol and I still threw up. Travelcalm original is good, but makes me asleep.

Yep that is why I use Avil instead.

canned_tuna
Has liked: 15 times

Post by canned_tuna » Tue May 07, 2019 5:09 pm

Avil is not available anymore so if you know a chemist that still supplies them, stock up. I have used both kwells and travacalm for the last 30 years and they both work for me but I do get tired at the end of the day and am also left with a dry mouth. My mate got onto a mob that ET endorses, their number is 1300seasick. One time off Portland we stopped off at the Asian bakery in the morning and absolutely stuffed ourselves with everything from pies to donuts and pork rolls!. No amount of kwells were going to help me this day as it was rough and swelly. We both spewed our guts up. What I find is if I can drink Gatorade afterwards this helps considerably.( I drink a few bottles throughout the day to keep hydrated)Anyways on this day when I was able to keep something in my stomach I took one of my mates tablets and I was as good as gold. The company is called Nile compounding, they are not cheap tablets but they do work

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Tue May 07, 2019 8:34 pm

canned_tuna wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:09 pm
Avil is not available anymore so if you know a chemist that still supplies them, stock up. I have used both kwells and travacalm for the last 30 years and they both work for me but I do get tired at the end of the day and am also left with a dry mouth. My mate got onto a mob that ET endorses, their number is 1300seasick. One time off Portland we stopped off at the Asian bakery in the morning and absolutely stuffed ourselves with everything from pies to donuts and pork rolls!. No amount of kwells were going to help me this day as it was rough and swelly. We both spewed our guts up. What I find is if I can drink Gatorade afterwards this helps considerably.( I drink a few bottles throughout the day to keep hydrated)Anyways on this day when I was able to keep something in my stomach I took one of my mates tablets and I was as good as gold. The company is called Nile compounding, they are not cheap tablets but they do work
I was wondering about that too. He advertised it on his show. That good? Call and order? How much is expensive?
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

canned_tuna
Has liked: 15 times

Post by canned_tuna » Tue May 07, 2019 8:59 pm

They make different batches and types you need to speak to them to tell them the severity of your seasickness. He paid $60 for a container but I am not sure how many were in it

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sat May 18, 2019 7:08 pm

I was back on the travacalm original today after a few attempts at the pink packs of the stuff. The forecast was for 2-3m swell but using the sounder I measured lots around 5m and one set that was 6m. Didn’t get nauseous at all, didn’t get any fish either.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Sat May 18, 2019 8:30 pm

I have been lucky the only time it has affected me it was self inflicted due alcohol. Inside or outside it doesn’t bother me lucky eh' when on a big trip I do limit the alcohol 6 stubbies 1 bottle of red preferably Shiraz works for me.

Return to “General”