In case you havent heard yet

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Bugatti

Re: In case you havent heard yet

Post by Bugatti » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:51 pm

April Fool wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:36 am
Seb85 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:48 am
From someone with constant fear of wrong spelling, grammar etc (me), i'd say well done for them to give it a try and spent the effort.
If they continue and open for improvement, this is a learning experience for them.

You should have no concerns about making spelling mistakes. So some of us highlighted that you were stuffing up your plurals!!!! We did it in a humorous way. What I found amusing/annoying is how some others deliberately called bream breams on other threads....either as a joke or just a cheap shot.

Cheers
Team Bender
Offering guided tours around donut shops!
I have the utmost respect for both of you guys, Jim & Seb.

The "correction" of the plurals was handled well (as I did mention in a post then, as others did to). It was with tact and light hearted humour, and it was received by Seb with-in that context, as his replies refleced that. It was more of a friendly correction rather than a ridicule. And we all have moved on positively from that.

Comments after that, some may have ridden the "humour" wagon and some may have been cheap shots.

Jim, in forum past, you did touch on "Cheap shots", which I have been meaning to add to. The Cheap "I was only joking" shots are a clandestine agro niggle at someone, which does fly under the radar but damaging nonetheless. I have noticed it has lessened of late but it could be because of the quite winter period. I'd like to think that there might be a feel of members being "vocal" and standing up to that kind of unsavoury behaviour.

April Fool wrote:

As for this being a learning experience.....they have been there and done that with all this sh!t before and do not appear to be moving up through the education system.

I couldn't care one bit if someone's vernacular isn't up to speed. I come from parents who are Australian and have migrated from another country, so the English language is and can be tricky. We all fall fowl of its tricks at times.

What I think is more the case here, is that even with the simple and easy user friendly tools at anyone's disposal and with the ridicule that this person receives for it, that there is what can only be perceived as a blatant disregard to correct , , , , or care.

Cheers, I can definitely feel, with how abundantly I am spending my 2 cents, that that soft serve Maccs cone, is slipping away, Bugatti

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:49 pm

They are certainly persistent and giving a career in the fishing industry a good crack.

It is a small and tough industry to crack into so best of luck to them.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:01 pm

April Fool wrote:

I remember the uproar when one of their videos showed a ciggy butt being discarded into the bay. Making a judgement on that, this mob does not look that professional and I would have my doubts if they have set up this guiding business in the proper way.

I agree with all the conjecture about "The Business Model", not as such for the "legal requirements", they can be acquired. It is more about "this mob does not look that professional and I would have my doubts" which propagates scepticism on how the Business would be run, especially when safety is involved.

A look at this thread "Not having permission to read something", in the later part of the thread, it shows by B2F, a bias interpretive logic which defies a rational discussion of resolving a simple issue. Which is the mind-set of the Proprietor of the proposed Business. I don't want "loop-holes" and "technicalities" and a "self-preserving perspective" , , , , to be on my boat with my kids.

Not having permission to read something
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=22026

Cheers, happy to have the soft serve ice-cream dispensed straight down my gob, as I'm low on due to all the 2 cents I've spent, Bugatti

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:01 pm

April Fool wrote:

As for advertising here, my initial thought was Steve put it up to give us a laugh! Is anybody likely to take them up on the offer? Based on the comments here I doubt it. If the person was still a member here and kept plugging away, which was happening, then yes, it should be dealt with and it was. As it stands, we have a forum here to publicise fishing tackle sales so what is the difference with a member posting a link to his mates business anyway? Although that was not Steve's intention.

Cheers
Team Bender

I agree with you Jim, but it's not that simple for this specific situation, as partly mentioned in my previous post.

If your much loved Trelleys did wrong by you , , , , would you feel the same? Not only if they advertised here but were given accolades too.

If the Prodigal Son wants to return, he is more than welcome, as long as he makes his bed. But by doing it via the back-door has an unsavoury feel about it, I for one don't like being back-doored

Fish-cador wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:45 am
If this start up gets acquired by google or apple, they will have the last laugh while you guys who are mocking them toil to avail of their services.
This is the best post on this thread. He shall join the Self-proclaimed Health Gurus (and their Pumpkin Soup Cures) with the fame that Social Media gives to these individuals , , , , how miss-guided are we. At what cost do we put a catch of fish , , , , at what price do we "lead by example" to chase our dreams?

All I have said is about the situation as it has evolved.

BUT

I'm only about one thing , , , , why is he here, even by proxy ????

Bugatti wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:19 pm

Aren't there a pile of "spat cookies" somewhere from B2F because of a sponsorship/advertising "discrepancies" in his LaLa Land. Yet, he gets advertising on this site, be it maybe through ridicule but notoriety nonetheless.

Cheers, Bug
Bugatti wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:19 pm

Not sure why we are doing "some right" by a bloke that has left the site and is etched into Vic Forum infamy. Let him come and sort his own stuff out

Cheers, Bug

Well, that soft serve ice cream now is only a far away dream :(

Regards, Bugatti

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:39 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:29 am
rb85 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:24 am
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:13 am
Guys..
it is not a charter business, its a guided session on the clients own boat..
Theres a big difference i believe..

This has been in the works for phil for a while, and so has the business, its not something that just happened overnight.. im sure he knows what he is doing (except for the spelling mistakes ofcourse)

Anyways if you have half a brain, you will use this information wisely, hence why the post is here!!!!
Might give him a call pay for him to generously go fishing in my boat for squid/snapper. Thanks but no thanks is the wisest choice.
Theres a few on here that I can think of that would benefit from it.
Plenty to say on here, but nothing to show… :rofl:
Ive said enough already!!! :-D
It’s best to just go out and say it but that’s not how fishos do it in my experience hardcore backstabbers and long distance pot shotters

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:16 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:18 am
DougieK wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:58 am
Hey guys.

I'd like to offer a guided service to land based fishing at Gunnamatta.

Cast at the water. Reel it back in.

That'll be $400 each please.

Pick me up on the way and I'll have a long black no sugar.
I would like to make a booking please :-D

We might have to off-set the fee:

UBill driving services aren't cheap, so picking you up in the Bugatti is $100 , , , , per kilometre.

A long black (please be referencing a coffee :oops: ) through UBill-Eats isn't cheap either , , , , we only use the best coffee beans from Brazillia , , , , oh, did I mention the double , , , , yep, double insulated cups :)

On rough calculations , , , , that'll be $124, 070 , , , , and incase you want to down grade to single insulated cups , , , , I can vouch that the doubles are worth the extra $1,450

Cash or Card :-D
Don't forget door to door service lol

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:17 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:19 am
smile0784 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:35 am
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:29 am
rb85 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:24 am
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:13 am
Guys..
it is not a charter business, its a guided session on the clients own boat..
Theres a big difference i believe..

This has been in the works for phil for a while, and so has the business, its not something that just happened overnight.. im sure he knows what he is doing (except for the spelling mistakes ofcourse)

Anyways if you have half a brain, you will use this information wisely, hence why the post is here!!!!
Might give him a call pay for him to generously go fishing in my boat for squid/snapper. Thanks but no thanks is the wisest choice.
Theres a few on here that I can think of that would benefit from it.
Plenty to say on here, but nothing to show… :rofl:
Ive said enough already!!! :-D

You referring to me mate lol
I wouldnt say that about you mate haha.
I know you catch fish cause I've seen it many times..
Yea but they could be bigger lol

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:09 pm

Good luck him if that’s what he wants to do, he’s going to run into the issue eventually of people being unable to tell his website from that of a semi literate Nigerian scammer, which might cost him a few potential customers
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:34 pm

April Fool wrote:
Seb85 wrote:
From someone with constant fear of wrong spelling, grammar etc (me), i'd say well done for them to give it a try and spent the effort.
If they continue and open for improvement, this is a learning experience for them.
You should have no concerns about making spelling mistakes. So some of us highlighted that you were stuffing up your plurals!!!! We did it in a humorous way. What I found amusing/annoying is how some others deliberately called bream breams on other threads....either as a joke or just a cheap shot.

As for this being a learning experience.....they have been there and done that with all this sh!t before and do not appear to be moving up through the education system.

I remember the uproar when one of their videos showed a ciggy butt being discarded into the bay. Making a judgement on that, this mob does not look that professional and I would have my doubts if they have set up this guiding business in the proper way.

As for advertising here, my initial thought was Steve put it up to give us a laugh! Is anybody likely to take them up on the offer? Based on the comments here I doubt it. If the person was still a member here and kept plugging away, which was happening, then yes, it should be dealt with and it was. As it stands, we have a forum here to publicise fishing tackle sales so what is the difference with a member posting a link to his mates business anyway? Although that was not Steve's intention.

I was going to post more in my original comment but was interrupted by a text so I just hit enter. I do not usually fire off cheap shot one line posts but when I looked back at it later, I thought...meh!!!, they deserve it!
Cheers
Team Bender
How could we forget that flying Ciggy Butt in the edit. Not sure why Steve shared it he says he chats to Phil so maybe he's trying to help a mate promote a business it's not as if anyone has requested a guide.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:24 pm

rb85 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:34 pm
April Fool wrote:
Seb85 wrote:

I was going to post more in my original comment but was interrupted by a text so I just hit enter. I do not usually fire off cheap shot one line posts but when I looked back at it later, I thought...meh!!!, they deserve it!
Cheers
Team Bender
How could we forget that flying Ciggy Butt in the edit. Not sure why Steve shared it he says he chats to Phil so maybe he's trying to help a mate promote a business it's not as if anyone has requested a guide.
Why I shared it has been mentioned quite a few times already. Im not going to repeat myself again.
Seems like the idea of phil doing a guiding service has put a few bees in your bonnet?
The mods have chosen to keep this topic going so I dont think it's broken any rules.
Lot of his clientele is from.instagram and YouTube. So I doubt me posting this here is going to change much.

Return to “General”